F4S: Sup with tryin' to grasp and get it?

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Sup with tryin' to grasp and get it?

A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart. Proverbs 18:2 
Aimin' to really hear over just listen. Don’t know bout you, but I tend to learn more when I am listening and correctly hearing (interpreting the meaning and all).. sure, listenin' online or off ..more so than learnin' by merely posting or yackin’ (talking). Was given two ears and one mouth (yeah, I post by audio to text more than from typing or texting this). 
Aimin’ to listen to God and to His people and to other peeps (crowd-sourcing or to one) more so today.. just to grasp ‘hold and just ‘get it’ better. 
Seems like much  "expressin'" out there in the world has been good to listen to or hear (even encouraging and edifying at times), but when the conversation turns foolish, I’d rather just go do something else. Dude, my ears ain’t trashcans just to dump over into the living-room of my mind. Messed-up! What living-room (or mind) would be good like that? 
Do I.. is it good for a Christian listen to secular music? (I listen to all types of cool music, but not to that with lyrics if they tear-down and encourage towards sin)
What does the Lord of life say about self-deception?
What does He say about enjoying a closer relationship with God?
Why so important -- what’s up with hearing His Gospel


“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.“ Ephesians 4:29