F4S: Uhh, did we like give the tent permission to alter or change itself.. whenever?

Monday, April 30, 2018

Uhh, did we like give the tent permission to alter or change itself.. whenever?

Oh, Mr. Tentmaker...

It was nice living in this tent when it was strong and secure and the sun was shining and the air was warm.. but, Mr. Tentmaker, it’s gotten a bit scarier at times.

My tent is acting like it’s not going to hold together. The poles seem weak and they shift with the wind, a couple of the stakes have wriggled loose from the sand, and worst of all, the canvas has a rip. It no longer protects me from beating ran or stinging flies.
It’s scary in here, Mr. Tentmaker. Last week I was sent to the repair shop and some repairman tried to patch the rip in my canvas. It didn’t help much, though, because the patch pulled away from the edges and now the tear is worse.
What troubled me most, Mr. Tentmaker is that the repairmen didn’t seem to notice that I was still in the tent. They just worked on the canvas while I shivered inside. I cried out once, but no one heard me.
I guess my first real question is, “Why did you give me such a flimsy tent? I can see by looking around the campground that some of the tents are much stronger and more stable than mine.  Why, Mr. Tentmaker, did you pick a tent of such poor quality for me and even more importantly, what do you intend to do about it?”
“Oh, little tent dweller,” as the Creator and Provider of tents, “I know all about you and your tent and I love you both.
I made a tent for myself once and lived in it on your campground. My tent was venerable too, and some vicious attackers ripped it to pieces while I was still in it. It was a terrible experience but you’ll be glad to know they couldn’t hurt me. In fact, the whole occurrence was as a tremendous advantage because it is this very victory over my enemy that frees me to be of present help to you.
Little tent dweller, I am now prepared to come and live in your tent with you, if you will turn and invite me.  You will learn, as we dwell together, that real security comes from my being in your tent with you.  When the storms come, you can huddle in my arms and I’ll hold you. When the canvas rips, we’ll go to the repair shop together.
Someday, little tent dweller, your tent will collapse (for I’ve only designed it for temporary use).  When it does, you and I will leave together. (I promise not to leave before you do.) Then, free of all that would hinder or restrict, we’ll move to our permanent home and together forever rejoice and be glad!” ~ by Anon.
Uhh, did we give the tent permission to change itself.. unexpectedly, randomly? It sure wasn't originally designed to become so weak and temporary -- the Tentmaker wasn't the one who chose to take a stride from the Master-plan, to rebel. Grateful to God we all can know Him, serve Him -- still get around here for all that. Has it been a bit scarier than before, for ya? Sorry 'bout that. Hate to see others here so often fearin' the future, not knowin' what'll happen to their beloved tent.. as it's baldin', wrinkling, shrinkin' or shrivelin', just wearin' out. The important thing is to make sure you have the Tentmaker not just near, but livin' on the inside. I've got a mansion-builder. Some say that mansion is the radical upgraded new body with Him 
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.John 14:2
"For we know that if our earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal dwelling in the heavens, not made with hands." 2 Corinthians 5:1
"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our inner strength in the Lord is growing every day." 2 Corinthians 4:16
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him." 2 Corinthians 5:9  Facebook.com/shareJesus