F4S: It's bigger than ginormous. God's love, how can I grasp it?

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It's bigger than ginormous. God's love, how can I grasp it?


A photo posted by Kurt von Schleicher (@kurtwvs) on

Didn't come here to play. No dismay. God sent Jesus to say and to pay. He taught what we needed most, He showed us how. Such patient love.. n arms open wide waitin'.. 'til I quit my stubborn way. Over barren land and silent sea, You tenderly spoke n reached me! How could it be? Your love stretches farther than my understanding.

Hand held out.. surprising, you kindly grasped me.. after I unkind quit strivin' n swipin' at Yours. Set me free! Your gentle love reaches farther than my understanding. Your love extends up to the skies, but it also came down to me. 

Your faithfulness to the cloud.. and it waited til I ditched my proud. 
Your righteous-love is like the great mountains; it's bigger than every sea.. n let's me be me. Your love; it's beyond my understanding.

Got real love? Do you feel loved today? May I ask.. a question? Are you currently hitched and in love.. or did they ditch? Sorry if they did. I know Who won't.
God wants to be with you.. and wants you to be you, and me to be me I mean be yourself minus sin.. cuz that's not of you. Listen, any two lives living together will bump heads at times, will have disagreements. Any two livin' together will experience friction--and some couples far more than others.

Any two lives together are incompatible.. eventually. You might have a whole lot of times together where you married folk don't feel incompatible (I sure hope that's the case), where your more feel soul-mate-ish (whatever that is), but any two lives living together are incompatible.. eventually. What will you do with that, where will you turn? Turn to the God who is love, who has loveless agape for you. When you run out, He can pour move love in. Together grow, stay best friends. Pray, pray, and pray some more. When you go work.. call each other, write, and grow.

Sinners with dead sinners or with saved sinners.. we see so many couples. Spritiual saints with spiritual saints, that's the way it should be. Let the Lord lead and He will bless. But people are bottom
incompatible.. eventually. Man is fallen, can be redeemed. That's why we need the Lord's love in us.. in marriage. 
Every year my wife Liney and I have had irreconcilable differences, but we're peaceful. Irreconcilable differences like other couples? Sure. Yup, we are blessed as we sow to the Spirit instead of to the flesh, but at times differences. She's alert, I'm not. She's way punctual, I'm more casual. She's cute and beautiful, I'm uber-ordinary and everyday. she's got pizazz, I've often got blah. That's why we so enjoy prayin' together--yeah, it's cuz of the Cross. That's why God has blessed us. He has, and for free! Couldn't earn it all. But she is such a blessing. 
And He'll bless your Christian marriage as well. Why? Cuz He's no respecter of persons ..in the sense where He plays favorites with other people over you.. even though He loves you so much.. that you're indeed His fave. You know what I mean. All are His faves. Dude, just say.. no to flirting and sex outside of marriage--say no to all impure thoughts and illicit sex. Ask God to anoint you with His faithfulness and fidelity. He will help you.
Why? Cuz God loves you and He loves your kids.. if you have em. He's full of charity. He's compassionate, merciful, gracious, and has overflowing clarity--yes, you're His focus. Man's love is so small--I can run out. Too quick. I can get distracted away. But God's love is so Big. He is love--never ever runs out. Big reservoir of love. Love isn't God, but He is love. Tap in! Let Him pour love in. Ask. "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13 nkjv

"God’s love is meteoric,

    his loyalty astronomic,

His purpose titanic,

    his verdicts oceanic.

Yet in his largeness

    nothing gets lost;

Not a man, not a mouse,

    slips through the cracks." Psalm 36:5-6 msg