F4S: God, why is it the only time my prayers are never answered, is when I'm on the golf course?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

God, why is it the only time my prayers are never answered, is when I'm on the golf course?

It's probably because You care about the unsaved as well as Your people ..far more than a mere hole in one. Glad about that! 

Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually.     1 Chronicles 16:11

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this precious and unending and abundant life that You have freely given us. Please fill me..us with Your Holy Spirit for Your purpose – Your worldwide purpose. Thank You for creating and guiding me and my believing friends! I read their edifying thoughts in here often and am blessed. Please bless each one. Help all of us to draw closer and closer to You Lord.. via Your Word and in prayer. We want to mature as your disciples. Please give us strong on-fire fellowship with new friends too - other believers who we can encourage as they walk with You. Lord, I thank you for saving and sanctifying! Thanks for refilling us with Your Spirit. Thank you for finishing the work that You have begun in each of our lives.. to form us into the image of Christ. We want to please You daily as the world sees You in us. I pray that you would be with us in a unique way today, and with each one tonight even, so that we can enjoy your peace. I also ask that Your perfect will be done ..through each of us all the way, and even through that up coming DFW.harvestamerica.com event here in less than two weeks. We agree for a harvest of souls. Do Your work through us. God, help each of us in whatever calling or direction You send us in.. to complete the specific missions that You have for us while down here on earth.. before we come home to You. Wanna bring people with. Please well-provide and guide, and bless, and equip each of our families in a way that is best for Your Kingdom. Bring our prodigals home soon. You are so good, so holy, so worthy of praise.. and such an all-knowing kind Father. So together in faith we praise You for the Cross and empty tomb, and thank You for new ones repenting to trust You. And we worship You for who You are, and we trust You for what you will do in the near future. Use us and be glorified. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

"The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'" ~ Billy Graham

There is great power when we look to the Lord of the harvest, when we obey Him and together agree in prayer for all those in need around us! He is the powerful One who loves them and us. 

Let's continue to intercede for our lost friends, coworkers, fellow students, and relatives, yes, for them to turn so their lives will be changed by faith on October 5th or sooner. I would even challenge you to add in some names and to pray for those names listed in the Prayer Cloud so they'll know Him. Remember to: Pray, invite, bring, and perhaps stream the event into your home, hall, or church.