F4S: Do you have a so called sacred non-tech zone?

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Do you have a so called sacred non-tech zone?

Don't know 'bout you, but when I wake up in the morning with the radio going with different positive stations on, I tend to hear such great ideas and feel exciited to go log some of these ideas down for future study in a computer device of some sort. Yes, as quickly as possible before I forget em.....but I don't. I now reach from an old school paper tablet and pen instead. Do you find yourself gettin' "digitially distracted" (Let me reword it this way: Are you a normal guy?). Ever feel tempted away to lesser things that can actually rob you of a prayer life alone with Christ daily, believer? If so, how will you be ready.. ready to give an answer for the hope you have inside?

During this so called "social media revolution" that we are witnessing, are all the tech-tools that you own helping you to learn and to grow spiritually.. are they helping you to develop healthy close relationships with people face to face and not face to face? There is no spiritual growth apart from the Word of God. Are they actually helping you to minister to other believers ..and even to the lost people that you encounter? Are they helping you or kinda of hindering you as you seek to praise the Lord through your day ..or to evangelize the irreligious in the Spirit? I say tools should help, or get thrown away if they hinder your growth. 

Do you often put your Bible down long-term or relocated it to the back burner as you move "serving the Lord on Facebook, on YouTube, on G+, on Twitter or on Pinterest" to the front burner so to speak? 

I've found that if I get my mornings right, then somehow my whole days seems to go right ..even if problems arise.. but if I run out the door without taking time alone in the Word, it often feels like I'm running out the door with only one shoe on my foot. 

Are you still seeking first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness or just more social equity and influence apart from putting Jesus first (i.e., wood, hay and stubble kinda works that are meant for the testing fire ahead). I've easily gotten distracted before and I hate that. Neither Zuck or Facebook died on a cross for me. What helps me to seek the Lord early before my day gets rolling along? This might sound very legalistic and weird to you, but this helps me towards fruitfulness I believe: Kurt (me) has sort of a "prohibition zone" (a sacred place if you will), upstairs at his home and at a few other locations where I allow a pen, a Bible, and paper to enter with me, and where I leave all other devices and puters out.
Rule 1:  Kurt's hand is allowed to touch pen, paper and Bible before and during his AM quiet time in that location, but not allowed to touch any other device until after he talks with and listens to his Lord there. 
Rule 2:  Seek to follow Christ in there and out, but never just leave Him/forget Him there attitudinally like I've somehow become Lord when exiting. Jesus said, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matt. 6:33, nkjv). You know that in the original Greek the word first actually means first. 
Dare ya if I may to worship the Lord before you go serve the Lord. Ministry to Him is your first priority, not ministry for Him. Is it merely more followers and social friends that you seek to gain? Why become addicted to people or tech? Jesus asked, "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole worldand loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matt. 16:26). 

Ok, now after you spend some time with Christ alone today.. do visit and LIKE: facebook.com/shareJesus