F4S: Pray and wait and pray and hear and tactfully tell

Monday, December 12, 2011

Pray and wait and pray and hear and tactfully tell

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas in the Lord. 

I was basically knocked offline (by me) due to technical difficulties (I caused by overloading my droid with too many apps ..I think), but I finally found the reset factory defaults button in my droid. Yeah.. back on. 

Was lookin' at what God said about perseverance and it really encouraged me in seeking Him without falling over on my side to sleep too much, "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isa. 40:31

"Jesus taught that perseverance is the essential element of prayer. Men must be in earnest when they kneel at God's footstool. Too often we get faint-hearted and quit praying at the point when we ought to begin. We let go at the very point where we should hold on strongest. Our prayers are weak because they are not impassioned by an unfailing and resistless will." ~ E. M. Bounds

If ever there was a season during the calendar year when it's good for believers not to be faint-hearted on their knees, it's now during this season when so many are hurting and when some are gettin' together with peeps needing ministry that they don't see much all year long. fish4souls.org