F4S: The Most Beautiful View.. Looking At Jesus!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Most Beautiful View.. Looking At Jesus!

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." ~Heb. 12:1-2, nkjv
 

What are you after in this life?

 

What are your closest friends after?

 

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

 

What are you pursuing to make you happy?
 
Would you like to elaborate on any of that some?

 

"Are you tempted? Look unto Jesus. Are you afflicted? Look unto Jesus. Do all speak evil of you? Look unto Jesus. Do you feel cold, dull, backsliding? Look unto Jesus. Whether you are weak or strong, in the valley or on the mountain, in sickness or in health, in sorrow or in joy, in going out or in coming in, in youth or in age, in richness or in poverty, in life or in death—let this be your motto and your guide, 'LOOKING UNTO JESUS!'" ~J.C. Ryle

 

When you want to break free from a destructive sin habit that is pulling you down to utter ruin, you want to look unto Christ who is the Answer. I'm not kidding here.
 
Not trying to be condescending in some sort of snooty way here, but know anyone who has not sinned? I don't, 'cause there is no one ..and guess what.. this doesn't go away from any of our lives by us being determined or trying harder.

 

Have you been feeling bored with this life?
 
When you are hungry for real purpose, satisfaction, joy, peace, strength, fulfillment, confidence, and meaning in this life.. then you really want to look to Jesus! Do it today!!!

 

Believe me on this! He alone can give you both abundant life and eternal life! I don't mean for that to sound churchy or preachy. Think about this carefully. A whole lot is at stake!   

 

What has your family and friends taught you about adding to your existence in order for you to begin experiencing real life?

 

Building the right social connections in the community?

Working towards multiple degrees?

Increasing your investment portfolio?

Landing the right career?

Buying enough real-estate in the right locations?

Traveling to more exotic destinations?

Possessing the latest car?

Beefing up the latest computer?

Achieving large accomplishments or public recognition?

Reaching your professional goals?

Wearing the trendiest fashion?

Retiring in your 40s?

 

I don't think those things would be bad in and of themselves, but they would be if you or I forgot the Lord in pursuit of them. Jesus said, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (Jn. 10:10).

 

I think He meant that don't you? He also claimed to be the only Way into right relationship with His Father.

 

I know that I sure don't deserve life at all after how I lived in rebellion for so many years. But how merciful of Jesus to give me life anyways.. free of charge! Makes me feel so grateful.. grateful enough to draw closer to Christ.

 

Man, I need more mercy and grace as the weeks pass by.

 

The Bible tells us that in this world there, "..are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life" (Jude 1:19-21). Sounds like that is dealing with you responding and about this beautiful view as well.

 

I think the very best thing that I can do today is look to Jesus for all that I need ...and also talk to my friends about gaining such a great view. I wanna live right in Jesus so I can be a good example for them and earn the right to be heard. He has all they need too... if these people only will come to Him on His terms!