F4S: What Are You Doing, Wishing For, Or Thinking about?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What Are You Doing, Wishing For, Or Thinking about?

Thank you for sending us/updating your status for us every now and then (see video below). We appreciate it gobs! Yes, I would like to sincerely thank all of you who have prayed and kept in touch with us over the years! So many of you have really added value to our lives or enriched my family in many different ways and it is kinda hard to describe sometimes but we feel very grateful to you and to the Lord! A hundred thanks to you for your ears, advice, love, faithfulness and for all the straightforward words of encouragement!

What a blessing to have so many great friends and memories of our times together in different settings ..both challenging and easy to handle. Liney and I work hard, but feel very rich to know you. Yes we praise God for each one of you and we also want to spur you on towards greater things in the future—towards closeness with the Lord and towards kind acts of charity that are practical in nature!

Kurt would also simply like to know more of what his valued Christian and non-Christian friends or family members (yes, you know who you are ..who hardly ever email, snail-mail, call, or post any status updates through some form of social network etc).. are doing, struggling with, wishing for, thinking about, planning towards, or are praying about (..if it is not raunchy or too graphic).

Now what would you like to hear from me (you can use the disqus comment field below if you need tons of space to rebuke me or something)? I hope I haven't been too busy for you and I do apologize to you if I have been.. or if there is something else you would like to say. I hope and pray I never let you down in any way ...due to kurt-blindness, "alleged"-ADHD-quirkiness, or just by general lameness.

Believe me, I can totally understand "certain people" who do not want to join me in Facebook at all...Eddie (but click here if you now do, because all your other friends have now signed up), because really.. I too put this type of web-behavior off for a long time—I just hate SN adds hounding me about things I don't need and care less about buying. And besides …where will we all find the time to e-relate and learn about each other anyways (even though we all forward and send emails around and wear out our cell phones every year).

Idea: Let's continue to use every means possible to get the Good News out. Let's continue to build each other up in love online and offline.

I like how Paul described it saying, "So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the Gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us" (1 Thess. 2:8).

FYI: I am not employed by these companies and never want you to get addicted to them. But here's a less time-intensive option if you are one who can easily get e-addicted to things like MySpace or FB... yes, maybe you would prefer to join me in Twitter or at Utterli (if you're more into posting some photos, vids or audio bites). We've all become so busy , but we would still love to hear from you. Need a little explanation on those? Maybe you are wondering what you would even do with either of those puter thangs. See below. Listen, overtaxed social networkers can use things like "Ping" to post a few lines of communication to multiple sites that you joined.

Hey, can I say it again? Thank you for being there, friends. —kurt