F4S: Among Stores, Wal-mart Rules!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Among Stores, Wal-mart Rules!

I'm not really much of a store-dude, but I was at my favorite store in the whole world today, Wal-mart, getting my car worked on and I met a wonderful person named, Kyeesha.


I also met a young man named, Swen (not sure if you can see him in the back of the garage in my photo with his buds or not..). Swen is from the area near Frankfurt in Germany and I had a chance to speak German with him for a while (which is always a blessing for me). Both of them had great big smiles and gave me the best service really. You oughta go visit our Wal-mart if you ever come to Dallas for a visit! Practical!


Anyways, got talking with Kyeesha for a while too and she is a real Christian and is brand new to this area in North Dallas. She told me that she needed a local church to go to and was planning on attending a huge one in the area that I knew of (I won't say the name, but it sure was not Prestonwood or Stonebriar or any of the Bible churches here--it's a place where the pastor and his entire board do not believe in some of the historic Essential Christian doctrines). They preach a Jesus, but it's not the same one that we read about in the Bible. Just being factual. I believe they have some real Christians attending there for sure.. that haven't personally met the mega church pastor yet as we have (The pastor is a fairly nice guy with a clear radio voice, but he puts a huge overemphasis on you giving money to support him while thinking you will indeed get back "the hundredfold blessing." he teaches that you can be a tithing, giving Christian, but unless you give 10% "with the very first check" you write out to him each month, your life and finances are under a curse).


Kyeesha and I talked some more and I told her how they quoted a token Bible verse from the pulpit once in a blue moon, had some very friendly people there and had some great well-paid musicians along with some excellent music, but how we shouldn't let all that be the criteria for us choosing a healthy place of worship because some cults have all that stuff (like the Mormons) and she fully agreed and was grateful.


Man, we've all got to warn and protect and point people in the right direction--towards Jesus Christ. He is the ultimate Answer and He does have a safe church for all Dallas Christians that's for sure. I don't want any of them in danger, because what we each hear and believe will eventually affect our behavior for good or for bad. Jesus loves us so much... He wants us all healthy, and growing, and safe for life--really for eternity! If we come to Him and grow up spiritually in a decent Bible teaching church, we can then fish with enthusiasm and really help other Christians from a standpoint of strength in His Spirit. That's what I want!


The Apostle Pete in the Bible lovingly warns us saying, "And there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you" (2 Pet. 2:1-3). In the Greek those two words "among you" actually mean this: among you.

Fish4Souls.org