F4S: Does Kale In Your Salad Also Bring You Sorrow?

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Does Kale In Your Salad Also Bring You Sorrow?

A lady was heard (it was like you couldn't not hear her..) over and over again in the hospital. She was persistent and kept being heard.. as she was in labor crying out, "Kale me. Kaaaale me! Just Kale me!" 

It didn't happen, so glad!.. but O the joy that followed in her experience there. 

I've been there for three such births--it get's pretty serious. Have had some joy from my three sons. Think of that for a minute. The very thing that brought this lady such sorrow and pain actually brought JOY inexpressible!

(Kale brings me sorrow)

The greater the sorrow, the greater the JOY, believer. Light and momentary troubles--outweighing glory. Hang in there, the day is coming when you will rejoice. Temporary grief and sorrow today can mean permanent joy and glory tomorrow. The great Jonathan Edwards said that his happiness in Christ went far beyond his enemies and what they did to him. Remember the Great Awakening in the USA -- he was used of God with that. Biblical revival, and an awakening -- it can happen again here. Ask in prayer. Did ya know that Jonathan Edwards was once voted out of the church he led. Ouch. That sadly happened.. but look at the glory that followed that. Did ya know...

Ethel Waters who sung so wonderfully at Billy Graham crusades... was actually the product of rape. That sadly happened.

Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NKJV, always see context 

What is it that makes a Christian witness here in this dark world SO wonderfully winsome? It's the JOY! Why are those watching the Spirit filled and led believer... SO drawn to their Christ! It's the JOY within! The man of sorrows -- the Lord of Life, who was also known for His JOY.. is living big on the inside of that believer! Have you felt down and hopeless today? That JOY can happen in You. What does God in the Bible say on this?

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
"May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds.." James 1:2
"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22
"So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you." John 16:22
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:24
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, J O Y, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23 #emph.mine
"I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches." Psalm 119:14
"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15
'You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7
"The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him." Proverbs 23:24
Put your "hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enJOYment." 1 Timothy 6:17
"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalm 94:19
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Habakkuk 3:17-18
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:8-9
"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11
"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness.." Isaiah 61:10
"The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad." Psalm 118:24

Q.
Was the crucifiction of Christ evil?
Was the crucifiction of Christ good?

Hey, you already know how to respond to this!

A.
Yes to both.

BTW Did you miss the JOY at the HarvestSoCal this year? You can catch it here.

Is there a difference between joy and happiness?
Is God a cosmic killjoy?
I need JOY inside. Why can't I stop sinning? Please help me!
How can I find joy in the midst of trials?
How can I experience joy in my Christian life?
What is the joy of the Lord?
The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is LOVE, but what is this joy?
How did Jesus bring joy to the world?
I need some joy in my marriage. What does the Bible say about a joyless marriage?
What does it mean to count it all joy (James 1:2)?

Do you have a bunch of made-up medical excuses for those feeling concerned around you? Drugs and alcohol in this corrupt world system won't give you the lasting JOY that you've been looking for. Nope--won't fill that inner void. No time for idols replacing the Lord to you. Ditch that stuff, no lame excuses! 

We sadly had to bury (his ashes in the sea) my 24 year old nephew Dutch who did drink and Xanax together. Repent. Believe--only Christ will properly fill that void. Need hope and a new start today? Been feelin' harassed, hassled, sad, down with all the challenges of this life? Has it been really rough for you today? Tony Campolo said, It's Friday but Sunday is coming. 

May God pour grace, wisdom and comfort into the hearts of those who believe--you can choose to turn from sin and believe right here and now. You can choose to come to, or to return to Jesus Christ now. Sure, don't put it off like so many do. Facebook.com/shareJesus