F4S: How did the missionary to Ireland rise up each day? I mean St. Patrick.

Monday, March 18, 2019

How did the missionary to Ireland rise up each day? I mean St. Patrick.

He did so in prayer to his best friend.. yes, with the right address on it. To the Father in the name of Jesus. 
St. Patrick: “I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.
I arise today
Through God’s strength to pilot me;
God’s might to uphold me,
God’s wisdom to guide me,
God’s eye to look before me,
God’s ear to hear me,
God’s word to speak for me,
God’s hand to guard me,
God’s way to lie before me,
God’s shield to protect me,
God’s hosts to save me
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.
Christ shield me today
Against wounding
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.
I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of creation.”

Let's pray like that..from the heart. He ran his race to win for God's glory. 

You can tell the size of a person's heart by what it takes to stop him or her as they run the race that God set before them.  

“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith..” Heb. 12:1-2a
We have a focus, a destination.
– Are you in the Race?
– How are you running.. well, strongly, the distance?.. to win and gain the Prize – Jesus Christ?
“Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.” – Ravi Zaccharias