F4S: Regardless of how many possessions, trepidations, obsessions or affections, there's a time to say No to self. Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.." Matthew 16:24

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Regardless of how many possessions, trepidations, obsessions or affections, there's a time to say No to self. Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.." Matthew 16:24

Possessions, trepidations, obsessions and human affections are the reasons people tend to say “No” to God. I don't mean affection for the Trinity, or fear of God (a good awe of), or mean Him basically owning you. Sure, you’ve bought at a price at Calvary on the Cross. Does God have all of you today.. did you give Him your heart and person? What has you?
Listen, it’s not what you have, it’s what has you. 
A man’s love for real estate is often an indication of his real..state.. and I don’t mean Texas or California.   
God hears all our prayers in Jesus’ Name and, in one sense, He answers all our prayers. But we do not always receive what we ask for. When we ask God for something, the loving response will of course be ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ or ‘Wait’.
How can a believer say No Lord?..the two terms don’t really go together. 
“’No, Lord,’ Peter declared. ‘I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure and unclean.’” Acts 10:14. Pretty clearly, God says come unto Me. Then clearly.. He says go tell believer, how could you or I ..say No? 
Owning a big pad here, no big deal. I don't but often work on and like a nice house, but what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? I have a mansion-builder in heaven. 
Stuff so imperfect! It's all gunna rust and burn -- temporal earthly belongings. But we we can live forever! The Bible says, "Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil." Matt 5:37
Is there any good reason to put off gettin' right with God today? Nope. Question. Will you ask Him to forgive you? Will you decide to know and live for Christ today.. yes or no? Would you pray something like.. God I simply repent for all my wrong-doin's and put my trust in Jesus. Please forgive me and show me why You created me. Amen.