F4S: Who do you look to.. I mean turn to in times of need?

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Who do you look to.. I mean turn to in times of need?

Who do you look to first.. I mean think about and first turn to in times of need?
Our Lord, the only God in the whole universe.. He warmly welcomes any flawed individual like me.. any!.. whoever’ll humbly come to Him, and who honestly relies on Him.
“The people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.” 2 Chronicles 13:18
Think about Abijah in the Bible–he can be an encouragement for us too. Sure he sadly had a checkered history ..the dark checkers I mean…and sure this had caused some damage. What battles he faced. But guess what.. Mr. Abijah knew where to turn when he was in a crisis. And he, together with his army, won soundly “because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors” (v. 18). I want both of my eyes so to speak on Jesus to meet needs -- why look to this world to meet my needs and grow worldly in some lame kinda way.