F4S: Have you suffered some loss and are still really feelin' it? What do your own ears hear your mouth and thoughts dwell on the most?

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Have you suffered some loss and are still really feelin' it? What do your own ears hear your mouth and thoughts dwell on the most?

Been workin' on different projects with some great guys, but one of them is struggling and lonely as a single again and wants to talk about his disloyal ex non-stop. The men don't really want to hear it anymore (you know how we can be).

I told him to limit his thoughts and conversation about her, cuz she's history now out there in the world with her new boyfriend. Snap out of it–God hasn't and won't ditch you. He's a believer, so I gave him some passages to meditate upon that I know will help him. Why rehearse and meditate upon the problem rather than the Solution. That was then and this is now. Forgetting what lies behind let's press on going forward with the Lord. 

"Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God." Psalm 50:23 

"To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in His Beloved." Ephesians 1:6 

Have you suffered loss or some rejection? So sorry about that. It's really too early to give up and quit. Your God–your first love relationship–won't bail out on you. I dare you to believe again, to hope again. 

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3 

"With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desirenothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:24-26 

God is love, He has a good plan of grace and of selfless-agape-love regarding you. He will comfort you. Don't fret, Romans 8:28 and 29 are still in the Bible! He wasn't surprised or caught off guard by what happened to you, and fear of always remaining single or lacking sure ain't of God. Brush it off Buckeroo, He can give you lasting peace and joy again. 

"Such Love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear." 1 John 4:18 

When others walk out, He walks in, "to comfort all who mourn, to grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified." Isaiah 61:2-3

…"Everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall recieve gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 51:11 Read more...