F4S: Retire or re-fire with a higher purpose? Rust out or wear out? No, let's look up and reach out!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Retire or re-fire with a higher purpose? Rust out or wear out? No, let's look up and reach out!

“I've only had two rules: Do all you can and do it the best you can. It's the only way you ever get that feeling of accomplishing something. I've got no idea when I am going to retire. Whenever they pick me up and take me to the funeral home, I guess.” ~ Colonel Sanders
Like all that. Many men think that they must retire when they enter their twilight years, and I could see perhaps half-retire if they want more be free to create-time. 
But really.. people enter their twilight time when they are breathing their last breath. And people rust-out faster than wear out, so why not just keep on going? If you wake up with strength and some ability, go for it. God ain’t done with you yet so thank Him and then ask what He really wants you to do with what He has given you to use. Good deeds, attitudes, and words–let those be yours for His glory as you go tell open lost peeps about Christ. Expect em to turn and trust Jesus. Use what you have to win em. There’s no reason not to.    

FYI:  Guys, do you feel like you need a break away with the Word? Man, the Lord can refresh and equip you. Listen, I'm feelin' humbled again, and honored to be invited again as the keynote speaker at the FGBMFA Men's Advance. It's a wonderful group and I would love to see you join us there, men. When will it happen? It'll be from November 6th through the 8th 2015. Where at? It will be at the beautiful and picturesque: Lakeview Methodist Conference Center in Palestine, Texas. 

“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31