F4S: Come first, not second, and then Go.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Come first, not second, and then Go.

Lay down your hurt, lay down your confusion and heart.. come as you are. Earth has no sorrow, no miss-information, no lack, no brokenness, no twisting, no illness, no mourning, no pain, no reversals, no depression-sessions, no misunderstandings, no needs.. that heaven can't cure.
The Gospel is both come and go. Come and be freely forgiven and then go and tell people about Jesus so that others can be!

Too many people ..even a person that I recently talked with.. think that they've really got to get to work and clean themselves up first (reform themselves) and then come to Christ. I say.. Bad idea. This fisherman catches His fish and then cleans em. Come now just as you are. And the Gospel in a sense is both... Come and go. Come and be freely forgiven and then go and tell people about Jesus so that others can also be! 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me" ~ Jesus
...and (not or) "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned..'" ~ Jesus
...and "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." ~ Jesus Matthew 28:19