F4S: Pray with intensity. Be persistent; tenacious, non-glib in prayer. “When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ my heart said to You, ‘Your face, Lord, I will seek.’” —Psalm 27:8

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pray with intensity. Be persistent; tenacious, non-glib in prayer. “When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ my heart said to You, ‘Your face, Lord, I will seek.’” —Psalm 27:8

Been musin' over that verse today. 
Talkin' and listenin' here in Dallas to gobs and gobs of friendly teenagers and I am prayin’ for em. 
I remember when I was their age and how the Lord via the Psalms in the Bible along with His Spirit ..drew me away from my once-loved pet-sins to Himself. Now, I believe that there is great profit in simply reading Scripture alone--and reading through the entire Bible. 
Some of the psalms are literally prayers right to God and we can pray them in faith (Sure, God through Christ, that’s the right address to put on any vertical communication). And of the psalms are songs just to encourage people that are feeling down. You know, to edify them concerning the loyalty, kindness, goodness, and ginormous love of God. 
This psalm above contains both of those elements. It’s for you cuz He is. It’s to build you up. 
While King David, you know the psalmist, from his heart cries out to God for guidance and protection in verses 7-13, he ends his psalm with a message to his hearers or readers (v.14). 
In his prayer, David encourages people to fully trust in his own BFF..very best Friend..the Lord, and to simply wait upon Him in prayer as he himself (David) had always enjoyed doing. What am I praying today? 
God loves importunate prayer so much that He will not give us much blessing without it. ~ Adoniram Judson

A man who prays much in private will make short prayers in public. ~ D.L. Moody


When we become too glib in prayer we are most surely talking to ourselves. ~ A.W. Tozer

I know of no better thermometer to your spiritual temperature than this, the measure of the intensity of your prayer. ~ Charles H. Spurgeon

P. Thanks Father for bein' right here with us today. Thank you, that on any day of the week.. You can still our hearts and quiet our minds in this loud and crazy world.. as we pray with spiritual intensity. Please help us know Your will, know the joy of our salvation, and make Jesus Known today. Help us also know what it means to go offline as we run to You and have You as our sanctuary. I praise Your great Name! Thanks for hearing. In prayer, help us all not to worry about the words we say, but just to express our hearts candidly to You and then just nestle down close to You to hear your voice. There are so many teens around me here who are so bored, so lonely, and so distracted, but I pray that their generation will get to experience an awakening soon. Turn this nation back to You Lord ..in Jesus' Name. Minister to the people we meet today. Wanna have the right ears and words for them so they will come to see You as You are. Amen.