F4S: Husbands love your wives.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Husbands love your wives.

You know that ..sayin' it's the easy part. But perhaps you'll still wanna add to my list below? Sets of four words that can change your marriage, believer-dude...

"No unwholesome word proceed.." Eph. 4:29
What color of roses? 
I agree with ya!
Honey, please forgive me.
Auto silenced my phone.
Tell me more, dear!
Totally hearin' your heart. 
Shoppin' together!.. let's go.2 
Yes, you look excellent! 
I'll buy that later.
Prayed with the kids.
You are right, sweetheart!
Just handwrote this note. 
Click, the TV's off!
Sure, I'll stay home. 
Dishes and vacuuming.. done.4
Indeed, let us dance!5 
"Husbands love your wives." Eph. 5:25
Turning, God unsin me.
Happy wife, happy life! 
"Submitting to one another.." Eph. 5:21 


1 Feels like a fate far worse than death.. sittin' there on a sunny day, inside with other dudes as she tries on one "outfit" after another. 
2 "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." ~ Ruth Bell Graham 
3 Debt and financial stress are two of the biggest marriage killers. Let them not! Pray together bout that car. Yes, no secrets or bad-surprises. Agree to first agree with her beforehand on every major purchase. 
4 I tell my friends that I feel so alergic to housework ..and I do! But stop and think about it. Sometimes the results afterwards are so worth it. Not sayin' go vacuume with strings attached. Ask yourself.. How much does she work? Is she employeed somewhere like you are? Is it fair to have more work added on top for her, but not for you? 
5. Livin' in Europe, it took me a while to learn that my wife likes to dance with me at wedding receptions ..and at home in the kitchen a bit ...even though I ain't so good at it. Might be that way for you and your wife. Ask. I'm not sayin' go to a nightclub to drink gobs and rock out with her. Not smart. Nightclubs (and bars) are the church perverted. They wouldn't even exsist if Adam didn't fall. They have their form of fellowship - tears in the beer. Music of celebration. Illixer of comfort.. etc. Don't need it. But God says there's.. "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance." Eccl. 3:4. Sure, you know there'll be great joy and rejoicing in heaven. You know that romance started in the heart of the universe so to speak.. in God's heart! Jesus is the most winsome of all grooms - your Groom - and you believers are the bride - His bride, so get over it guys. If you go do a study on dance, you'll see how great dance can be in worship unto Him. I think that's the primary purpose of it. God says, "Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!" Ps. 149:3. "And David danced before the Lord with all his might." 2 Sam. 6:14
6. Couple, seek out, find, and stay planted in a healthy Bible-teaching church with a born-again spiritual minded believer as pastor there who lives the life and loves winnin' people to Christ. You know how they say that the Christian couple that stays in the word and prays together ..stays together. Simple. It's good! Personally, I learn gobs about my wife (her trials, emotional state, struggles, frusterations, worries, fears, and kindnesses) and learn about the Lord too, when she and I simply pause and pray together in ..to the Father in Jesus' Name. Listen, it's one of the most intimate things that you two can do together. BTW: Your sex life (and all the other areas of your married life) with your spouse will not lack the supernatural blessing of God if together you both put Christ first.