We believers must daily choose to "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." He wants us pure and He wants His power to flow through us as we live and share His message.
"Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature. Simplicity is in the intention, purity in the affection; simplicity turns to God; purity unites with and enjoys him." ~ Thomas a Kempis
Premarital sex rips people off more than they know. They reap the conseqenses later in their many relationships. It help to bring in so much heartache and relational disaster and yet so few will connect the dots. It defrauds the future marriage partner of the person with whom you are involved. We aren't to test-drive people to see if we like how it feels. They ain't a cheap car. If you go for it in bed too early, outside of marriage, you are really robbing that person of the virginity and single-minded intimacy that ought to be brought into a loving marriage. True love can wait, lust can't. What do you muse over? What do you allow in your eye-gate and ear-gates? Which nature do you feed the most? If you've blown it, ask God to fogive you and change.
"Become pure in heart. The pure in heart shall see God. Here, then, is one opening for soul-culture–the avenue through purity of heart to the spiritual seeing of God." ~ Henry Drummond
Here's some practicals you can do.
• If an offensive scene comes on in that movie theater or that TV, get up and walk out or go turn the channel. Hello!
• If something in Social Media or in Gaming comes on your screen that is sexually suggestive or wrong…YO, CLICK AWAY FROM It or turn the puter off. Go get face to face and do somethin with balanced, spiritually mature believers instead. That's how ya get a life.
• If an uber-perv starts to follow you or they gradually turn that way over time..just rebuke, unfollow or block em. Duh! Pray that they'll repent / change.
• If an attractive girl / guy not wearing a whole lot where they might could, might should, might oughta and they're walkin in your direction, look down at a good smartphone / smartwatch app.
• If a conversation with a member of the opposite sex turns for the worse…and becomes sexually suggestive, terminate it.
• Check out something before you watch it, yeah reasearch it with Google finding decent advisors, read about it early, etc.
Remember what Job said, "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman." See kurtwvs.tumblr.com
"I've never had anyone define purity. You probably can't define purity. It is to live by original design." ~ Josh McDowell
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." ~ Paul
Married person, with all due respect.. if you've been jumpin' from bed to bed with any people other than with your spouse that God gave you without you deserving that spouse. Stop it and grow up. Cease that weirdness. That's ceepy even if Hollywood says No, that's cool. Just admit it and quit it. Board the clue bus, know God on His terms... like today instead of tomorrow. Like now instead of later on. So many people long for a good marriage. They dream about one. They plan and spend gobs on one sometimes even before they meet anyone decent, but so few are willing to do it God's way instead of their own (Hello! He invented it).. and then they wonder why it so often, so quickly, so horribly crashes just to leave them and their kids way different for life. Be unlike em and trust God's word.
"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." ~ Hebrews 13:4
"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." ~ Jesus Christ
"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience." ~ Colossians 3:5-6
Be resolute buckeroo, be pure in your heart and mind, be prayerful, be tactfully wise, be full of God's Word wisely doing what it says, not foolishin misapplying the Bible, be intentional, be a world-changer! facebook.com/shareJesus