F4S: Why have the Lord's light, stay all uptight, and not let it shine real bright?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Why have the Lord's light, stay all uptight, and not let it shine real bright?

Looking at how the Psalmist asked some good questions for us all. I always love when someone makes a point with a question or two. Have you ever noticed that it's harder for anyone to get all offended when you or I talk about the Lord ..using questions? Sure, it's one of the best ways to witness, especially when you inject the truth of Scripture. Check out what he said... 
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” See Psalm 27

Do you have the light of the Lord inside and shining outside because you gave your life over to Christ? If I insist on hiding the wrong I’ve been about, then I can’t really grow, or know (discern as God wants me to..) but if I tell on myself and bring it out into the light in prayer.. then I can go and grow. Simple as that. 
"We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine." ~ D.L. Moody
"Virtue-even attempted virtue-brings light; indulgence brings fog." ~ C.S. Lewis
"The issue is now clear. It is between light and darkness and everyone must choose his side." ~ G.K. Chesterton