F4S: How can ya really know...

Friday, August 8, 2014

How can ya really know...

..if you don't care, don't pause to pray, and don't even try to share Christ with your friends? 

God really cares about you, your family, and all your friends. He's SO not wantin' any to eat it in the wrong place. You know that, sure you do. 

Jesus "said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'” (Matthew 9:37-38). So how can ya really know what it’s like to effectively present an accurate Gospel if you've never up close and personally experienced God’s love or even know what the Gospel is? None can. Listen..

God’s clear word to you is this: “I have loved you with an everlasting love!” Jeremiah 31:3
Do you know for sure that you're a born again believer? Good, how's it with your buds and all of their buds? No matter how much you know about sharing the Gospel, none of that matters if you could give a flip about em and don't even care about lost people. God wants us to. 

God can use you to be and give a witness to all of them. And they need this! Not sure about all countries, but even with so many preachers here in the USA, I believe that the vast majority of Americans have not really heard an accurate Gospel presentation. Do you really think they have?

Listen, if a person only hears "God loves you" or only hears "God will eventually judge sinners." they have not yet heard the Gospel. They've only heard a small part of it.

Yesterday I was hearin’ about this pastor in Houston who "will indeed be the next Billy Graham."But as this Christian was telling me this stuff it kinda made me think cuz there won’t be another Billy Graham, and the well-meaning Texas pastor he was tellin’ be about south of where I live in Dallas ..sure likes to "speak the blessings," likes to be sovereign in “speaking things that are not into existence” (as if). He likes to always keep it feel-good positive, and likes to sincerely encourage people too (nothin’ wrong with that), and from first-hand knowledge of this pastor, he simply refuses to mention sin, repentance, hell, the wages of sin, or even future judgment for those who reject Christ. That’s jacked up.

Those are Bible terms that we all can define and explain in their own street lingo. I don’t know that Houston pastor's heart (and won’t judge it), but we all need to judge what we hear from people against the word. And perhaps God has used this pastor’s good works (and they are many) far more than any of mine. I sure pray that he’ll start givin’ out an accurate Gospel presentation soon, and even win more far more people to Christ than Graham did during his pulpit ministry. I would be stoked! Billy would rejoice and cheer as well! I pray that you and I will win lost people too, and with grace and truth tactfully disciple em. God wants us all to mature. 

Please don’t take me wrong.. perhaps, like me, you’ve also heard several uber-streng, harsh, so called Christians out there talkin’ ONLY about sin, repentance, the wages of sin, or even a future judgment and hell (like they want people to go there). Hey, I’m flawed and also far from perfect, but that kinda one-sided-thing also misrepresents the Lord.  Q: How can anyone appreciate the Good News if they’ve never heard the bad news?  

Wanna hear a balanced Good News Message? Okay you on.. “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16 kjv).  There’s the love and an accurate warning. It’s always a good thing when God warns those who need to be warned. I was one.    

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23). First there’s the clear warning there, and then there’s the kind offer of free forgiveness in Christ. Balance! The Apostle Paul loved people. He talked about sin and the bad news, but also said, “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: and that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: after that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once..” (1 Corinthians 15:3-6).

If you share your personal story.. please make a beeline to the Cross in your non-robotic conversation. Why? Here’s why: cuz Jesus is the only way to the Father. You know we don't have some word-quota to meet per se so why talk to em like an animatronic robot? It's worth nothing if you don't care about sinners. "Winners of souls must first be weepers of souls."

I was respectfully talking with at least 20 Jehovah Witnesses a week ago and they were not open. It’s so sad that they have no hope of getting into heaven. So many people here have heard a false gospel ..from a false “apostle” or false believer and now they have a false faith and tragically a assurance of salvation.

Please don’t twist, tweak, or torque God’s Message. Don’t water it down any, or add to It, or take away from It. Tell em in your own words about the Cross of Christ, about His blood shed, about His death at Calvary, and about His physical resurrection as well. Proclaim the simple Bible Gospel in its simple power ..and let God do His gracious work. Let the Lion out of the cage if you will.


Sure, and first take time to pray.

Perhaps you’d like be used of God, but aren’t really sure where you stand with Him. Perhaps you want to make sure you’re right with God. Maybe you’d like to stop for a moment right now, and would like to make a commitment to Jesus Christ yourself. If so, just pray something like this prayer (below) ..and mean it. He loves you and won’t reject you.
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I’m a sinner and need Your forgiveness.  I can’t earn it.  So as You give me true repentance now, I choose to appropriate it by faith.  Yes, I repent and trust You completely.  I believe that You died for my sins on the cross and I want to turn away from my sins for good.. forever!  Jesus, I now invite You to come into my heart and life.  Please forgive me and fill me with your Spirit.  Make me into the kind of victorious fruit-bearing person that you want me to be.  I want to love, and follow You as my Lord and Savior all my days.  Thanks for making me born again! In Jesus’ name.  Amen!
May I ask.. did you just ask Jesus to come into your life? Where is He (in relation to you) right now? What has He given you?

The Bible says, “For ‘whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved’” (Romans 10:13).

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8,9).

The Word says, “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God” (1 John 5:12 ,13).

"Men are God's method. The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better men." ~ E.M. Bounds

“We must start inviting them to Jesus Christ!" ~ Gene Edwards

Remember, sharing the Gospel accurately and effectively starts with biblical worship of Christ and caring for people as He did and does. For more go like.. facebook.com/shareJesus