F4S: Serving and rejoicing in the Lord go together.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Serving and rejoicing in the Lord go together.

The Bible tell us to, "Serve the Lord with reverent fear, and rejoice with trembling." Psalm 2:11

Can you really think of a better time than now, a better day than today..  to have, to enJOY, and to celebrate Christ's rule in your life? I can't. In all of history, can you think of even one effective soul-winner who never rejoiced in the Lord? I can’t.. not even one. Have you allowed Christ to be Lord in your life? Are you a believer or are you one that's actually become his disciple? 

How can we make our boast in Jesus and plant seeds of truth if we’re just too busy for Him and subsequently failing to rejoice in Him? How can we.. when we’re often uber-occupied with self and what selfish people preoccupy themselves with? Dunno, ain’t gunna happen. What more does God have to say about this?

"Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise Him." Psalm 33:1

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4

Let’s rejoice cuz our Lord is a generous God. Yup, He has already been profusely kind and generous!

"Lord, remind me often that You have been
exceedingly generous to me. Help me to extend that
generosity of spirit toward those around me, so that
they may know who You are and rejoice in You." ~ Joe Stowell

“Rejoice always..” 1 Thessalonians 5:16

“..yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” Habakkuk 3:18

“We also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:11

“..sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.” 2 Corinthians 6:10

“Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.” Philippians 3:1

Are you experiencing real JOY? You know that root word is joy, and if there is no joy consistently exuding from our lives, why would anyone else want what we have? I dare ya.. hear His heart and let the joy of Jesus be infectious for those around you today. 


No matter where you are, no matter your circumstances, no matter who you are, or how you’ve lived your life in the past, there is a God who will love you, who will fully accept you, who will receive you into His eternal family. Christ can change your life today and give you His lasting joy! He can heal, restore, comfort, fix, help, deliver, strengthen, and make you complete. Trust God and you'll experience His forgiveness and mercy for yourself. You will have His joy inside! 
“I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:27
God is holy. He is powerful. And He can change your life.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.” Revelation 3:20
Do you hear God’s voice today?
“The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power, … and you will be changed into a different person.” 1 Samuel 10:6
Your new life can start right now. You have nothing to loose except all the weirdness, sin, and lameness. 
Perhaps you're asking.. So what specifically do I need to do? Simple. Turn from wrong-doin's and trust the one who never did wrong - Jesus Christ. And pay no one cuz it's all been paid.. already. #AtTheCross
Can't earn it. It's free. 
All that truly matters in the end ..is that you obediently knew God, that you rejoiced in Him, that you were a fan of His mercy, that you acted justly, that you humbly walked with Him.. daily ..and didn’t spiritually compromise cuz His truth and grace were just flowin' right on through ya. See Micah 6.8