F4S: Despite all the hazards, risks, and how a few so called Christians choose to loosely live, is it really time to get all embarrassed about closely associating with Christ? Naw—and that day should never arrive!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Despite all the hazards, risks, and how a few so called Christians choose to loosely live, is it really time to get all embarrassed about closely associating with Christ? Naw—and that day should never arrive!

"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God." 1 John 4:15

Our pure worship and vertical relationship with God of course comes first, but on the horizontal.. the righteous are bold as a lion (see Proverbs 28:1). 

Wondering. Have you as well.. been doin' face-to-face or cyber ministry more than ever it would seem? Lately, I've been responding to inquirers from Asia and Africa via texts, emails, and facebook. How cool that we can so easily with a click, a call, a letter, or even a visit.. get God's Good News through to people in faraway Lands today. Often there's no need to even buy a plane ticket. Exciting missionary stuff, especially when we get to lead them in a prayer of repentance and faith..to Jesus! I love to see their faces and hear their feed back.  

Cuz of our great unlimited God (He gets the credit..), I just received a good overseas report from some of my limited efforts in this regard. 

"God, knowing of my pain, guided me.. I had hit rock-bottom. I had no hope, trusted no one, and I was going crazy, but my Lord's holy mercy saved me, because through you I would receive emails and they encouraged me to seek God." ~ Ervin

The Bible says, "Good news from far away is like cold water to the thirsty" (Prov. 25:25). Question for you, believer: Were you personally always open to hearing the Gospel? What happened in your own life? I have found that when someone is ready to receive the Lord, it's normally the case that something significant.... or perhaps a series of things ....have happened in their life to bring them to that point. 

How has it been for you lately?..pretty rough or in flux with change? Are you an almost Christian? You know that the Lord Himself stands ready to help, to deliver, and to save you as well.. if you are ready to know Him in an intimate way.  

I've always heard that many lighthouses have been built by ex-drowning sailors. Sure they have, and today God builds up soul-winners from ex-lost wandering souls (like I was), and even effective witnessing churches from on-fire Bible-loving groups of em—ex-lost people wanting to make a difference in this world where politics and social groups can't make a dent. 

Jesus still saves people (that "s" word is actually a Bible term by the way..) so that you and me can know Him well and join with Him in His Great Commission purpose ..so others can become spiritually well. Yes, ready to one day see Him face to face. 

"I live for souls and for eternity. I want to win some soul to Christ. If you want this and work for it, eternity alone can tell the result." ~ D.L. Moody

"Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire." Psalm 104:4

"Preach Christ.  He's preachable!" ~ E.V. Hill

I encourage you, I implore and urge ya, I want to motivate you today! Block out a time to get away and press in via earnest prayer. I say keep on living the life of love in fellowship with the Lord. Many people waste their years, but what we choose to offer to Christ is never in vain. 

Are there many dangers on and off-line..even for Christians? Yes there still are! Should we quit using every tool that we have in our toolbox..to witness with? No! It's too early for that. (For most people who by God's holy fear and strong grace can keep out of online snares, I say use Social Media and other cyber tools to fish for people with). And I say keep on going with the Gospel, believers. By His grace God can use your life, your attitude, your sound correspondence, your personal visits.. yes you ..to help others clearly see His mercy, kindness, forgiveness, faithfulness, patience, and selfless agape L O V E. Like at facebook.com/shareJesus