F4S: If I really push for what I want..I might get it, but what if it's bad for me? "And He gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." Ps. 106:15

Sunday, November 17, 2013

If I really push for what I want..I might get it, but what if it's bad for me? "And He gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." Ps. 106:15

Who would want THAT? Not me!!! Of course you and I are living during times when people pay out the big bucks to be a little thinner, but I know for sure that you also wouldn't want that kind of leanness. 

What can it come from. Well, when we compare ...it's bad... we can end up strivin' and conniving, wanting stuff that isn't really good for us in the long run, so why push it with God? He wants you to have peace. 

Right now I'm thinkin' about how easy it is for any of us to get movin' uber-quickly through life with all its cyber-noise, polished Madison Ave ad campaigns, and loud audio dash visual distractions flyin' at us. If we let it distract us and go after all that the world wants us to go after, then we would literally leave our souls behind.

Not good. Of course I don't mean you'd be some disembodied soul, but our spiritual growth is at stake here. The word of God will work effectually in any of us that believe (1 Thessalonians 2:13), but the devil and his fallen angel buds ain't really away on vacation. He is pretty wily working hard to find and use whatever he can to choke out the believer's fruitfulness that would come from the Word.

Yep, never give up on prayin' and never allow your potential fruitfulness in Christ to be choked-out by the cares of this life, or by riches, or even by the pleasures of this age (See Luke 8:14).

And how easy it is for any of us to unwisely compare ourselves with others, and then become avaricious or discontent inside..  you know, like comparing what you have or don't have with that of some worldly neighbor near you, who has more perishable stuff than you have. Big deal.

Don't let it happen.

Keep your mind on track with the Holy Spirit. Stay focused with all vigilance cuz it's easy to act whack instead of track..with Him. Keep thy heart more than anything that is guarded; for out of it are the issues of life! This line is directed to me. It's also for you so be very careful buckaroo about what you dwell on. Your thoughts run your life. Why get all pushy, off-base, untrusting or doubtful inside, or real demanding with God as some frustrated people tend to get, and then settle for second best and leanness of soul?

God has a better Way for you. Sure, you can trust Christ. Why not pray without ceasing instead.. Lord, thanks so much for looking out for me as a caring Father. I praise you for how faithful You have been. I think I would really like such and such, but You indeed know what's best so please.. Your will be done. I ask that you guide me Jesus and let Your will be done ahead of mine being done. Amen.  

At any given time you are either abiding in the Spirit or striving in the flesh. Humbly do the former..only.

Taking the time to get alone for prayer and fasting – I love it! These two disciplines together are the hidden jewels of the Church. Who even does em anymore? Need power working through your life to obey? 

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isa. 40:31 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it." Ps. 37:34 "Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee." Proverbs 20:22

Perhaps you've seen it happen before. I have and have even done it myself. It's sad to see, but too many anxious believers run out ahead of the Lord and they not only disappoint God, but they also disappoint other believers and themselves. Don't do it. Learn to wait on Him. Why be an "also ran" Christian-dude or dudette (go do a study on those who ran with a message in the Old Testament and those who just wanted to run)?

How can you have that overflowing joy to share with others that you know God wants you to enjoy, if you never pause, or get away to crack the Bible to prayerfully hear from God? Don't view Him as stubbornly reluctant, or mean, or pugnacious, or unreasonable, or selfishly withholding from you? Go get back in His love letter. #stop #hear #wait …no a bit longer #bestills #walkwithgraciousjesus #read Titus 1:9-3:9 and trust ur Bible and Jesus.