Deuteronomy 33:27 – The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
2 Samuel 22:17-22 – He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
2 Samuel 22:29 – You are my lamp O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.
Ecclesiastes 9:4 – Anyone who is among the living has hope.
Psalms 9:9 – The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 27:14 – Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 31:22,24 – You heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help… Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalm 34:18, 19 – The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 37:23-24 – If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumbles, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 43:5 – Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God.
Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 62:5 – Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
Psalm 126:5 – Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
Psalm 143:7-8 – Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I'll lift up my soul.
Psalm 147:3 – He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 145:14 – The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
Proverbs 12:25 – Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up.
Isaiah 26:3-4 – Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusts in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength. (See also Philippians 4:6-7 below)
Isaiah 35:10 – And the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away
Isaiah 40:31, But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 53:4 – Surely he took up our sicknesses and carried our sorrows.
Mark 9:23 – Everything is possible for him who believes.
Romans 4:18-22 – Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, so shall they seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
II Corinthians 7:6-7 – Nevertheless God, that comforts, those that are depressed, comforted us by the coming of Titus; (7) And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.
Philippians 4:6-7 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
James 4:8 – Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
James 4:10 – Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
2 Peter 2:9 – The Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials.
1 Peter 4:12 – Dear Friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.
1 Peter 4:13 – But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed
1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Choosing the Bible Christ and biblical beliefs ..and then choosing to help others in need, as unto the Lord..this can actually help the helper. Yes, To start it'll do the following:
- It will help you to get your attention off of you and your own problems. You yourself indeed don't need to be neglected, but sometimes we get in such a hole that we can't see anything else, or find the way out. Prayerfully helping others can work to break this downward cycle, and open our vision up to God's ministry vision for us. It gives proper perspective and shows us that your problems are not insurmountable.
- In helping other's find healing and ministry in Jesus Christ, you can heal much quicker. The love and compassion you show to others in your great time of need, pain and suffering could come back to you as a blessing of healing and joy.
- Helping others will once again reveal your true worth to God - He died for you. It will show you that you do have great value and that you living in fellowship with Christ can make a real difference for eternity. Christians seek this; such purpose was planted in our hearts by God. Some of these ideas here did not originate with me, but are by my friends and by Anon.
- The appreciation, you will feel from those you help ...will be such a joy. Their gratitude, peace, and fulfillment will make your heart leap. Yes, it will really bless you to see them getting blessed. Our hearts long for this fulfillment and it only comes by serving the Lord first. See Matthew 6:33.
- You will find that you aren't the only one with problems. We know this intellectually, but seeing it first hand is good too. Sometimes we feel like we have been singled out for pain from a mean God, but He is good and not mean. Please know that suffering comes to all, even to weak and to strong believers. Receive healing as God uses you to perhaps heal others. Don't be passive; get out and go with the Gospel.
- The 'feeling' you get from easing someone else's pain and stress, sometimes called "helper's high", can give you a mood boost.
- You will recieve so much more as you continue to apply God's Word - He has a huge missionary heart. Follow/Like at facebook.com/shareJesus or at G+