F4S: Ain't forgetful like some weakened elderly man struck by dementia.. no, God is alert and thinking about you every moment of this day!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ain't forgetful like some weakened elderly man struck by dementia.. no, God is alert and thinking about you every moment of this day!

"I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands." ~ Isaiah 49:15-16

Man, praise God He has zero memory loss!

Indulge me for a sec as I brag on my excellent wife Liney who has taken it upon herself to remember and rescue stray dogs runnin' around our streets that many owners have simply forgotten or unintentionally lost. She has empathy for em and for neighbors and coworkers who often show up on our doorstep.

Often times I return home to find new and strange looking furry faces with whiskers and tongues hangin' out in my backyard (I mean the animals here) as she's inside on the phone trying to locate their owners.

Sure, as a little girl in Northern Colorado she has seen dogs and cats severely mistreated and hurt by callous teenagers throwing things at them etc.. and I guess that's where all started. And now ..among many other great things she does.. she so easily makes lots of friends when she simply takes time for their pets.  

So, would you mind if I asked you.. Have ya ever felt abandoned, harassed, bullied, lost like a stray.. or like no one even cares about you? Hey, I'm not totally sure why people turn mean, get hurtful or abandon others, but God's great love certainly won't ditch you and His kind presence is assured. I assert that you can trust Him 24/7/365. Let's pray…

Lord God, I am so grateful for Your selfless rescuing kinda love, and for Your never-failing empathy that was actually turned into the most positive action when You sent Christ to Calvary's cross to address our greatest need—for forgiveness. Thanks that You then raised up Him alive from the tomb on the third day. I appreciate it that You protect us, and never bail out on us, or get negligent when some people have. Father, thank You for Your never-failing presence—help each of us come to rest in our relationship with You, and with Christ who genuinely cares for all people. Makes us the kind of tactful, pro-active rescuers that Christ perfectly exemplified when He walked the dirty paths of this earth. Yes do so please, in Jesus' Name, amen.

Never forget that God faithfully promises His kids that He will never leave us (Deut. 31:8). He will be close to us no matter wherever we go, no matter wherever He leads.. yes, "always, even to the end of the age" (Matt. 28:20). As you give your heart to Christ and seek to know and serve Him, He indeed has your back.

You know that flawed men can falter in the area of commitments, but God won't ever falter or change in His eternal commitment to His children. Yeah, even if we've been abandoned by others, or have done the abandoning in the past He loves you. And each of us can find forgiveness and strong confidence in His Bible promise.. that nothin' nowhere will ever "separate us from [His] love" (Rom. 8:35-39). I say, Come as you are with a willingness to be cleansed and changed by Him. facebook.com/shareJesus