F4S: Kurt, how first is first when it's time to seek?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kurt, how first is first when it's time to seek?

"Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." ~ Jesus, 6|33mat.

I love to repeat that verse out-loud. Don't you? In the original language the term "first" (Greek: πρῶτον a.k.a. prōton) has to do with time and place. Yes, it's speaking in terms of a succession of things or of persons. It means "first in rank, influence, honor" or the "chief" among all other things, options, or persons.   

"Rose up early to seek God and found Him whom my soul loveth. Who would not rise early to meet such company?" ~ Robert Murray Mccheyne

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water." 63|1ps.

"With my soul I have desired You in the night, Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early." 26|9isa.

"Many who plan to seek God at the eleventh hour die at 10:30 PM." ~ Anon.

Happy moments, praise and thank God. Difficult moments, trust God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, call on God. Every moment, seek God through Christ.

Now thinkin' out-loud: So glad there's no condemnation in the Lord. And happy that God ain't stiff, grumpy or religiously legalistic like so many hateful folk can be. He's indeed my passion, best Friend, and the lover of my soul!

So if I have the time to seek the rule of God in my life first each day along with His righteousness, but instead I end up seekin' four other lengthy (..not appearing that way at first, but), time consuming things ahead of Him and His will (which is revealed in His Word) for me.. then perhaps I should kinda stop, reevaluate and ask myself how I let myself get distracted? Been there before.  

Or have I allowed my vertical relationship to get in a rut somehow that I really want to change asap?.. or am I now lookin' to something or someone else to meet my needs? Vorsicht. Doch, aufpassen! If I look half to the world to meet my needs instead of fully to Him who is faithful and promised to meet all of em, then it's only a matter of time before I become lukewarm spiritually. #duh #notimeforworldly

And then what kind of positive influence, example, or witness would I be for friends who need me to walk in victory? Do I really want to be salt that once was salty, or a light that has no more flicker at all? Naww.     

The psalmist David encourages us all, "Those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing."
The Bible goes on to say, "The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the Lord will praise Him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy."

"The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing." c34|10,22|26,34|10ps.

"Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near." 55|6isa.

"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!" 16|11one.ch

"…those who seek the Lord understand all." 28|5Bpro.

"Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, 'till He comes and rains righteousness on you." 10|12hsa.

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." 34|4,5ps.

"..he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that he is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." 11|6heb.

"If thou seek Him, He will be found of thee." 28|9one.ch

"Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee." c9|10,69|32ps.

"Seek ye Me, and ye shall live." 5|4amo.

"The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek Him." 8|22ezra 
facebook.com/shareJesus