F4S: It's a brand new day—a real good day to pray...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's a brand new day—a real good day to pray...

..and just get closer to the Lord, rather than to merely drift and grow farther apart from His good Word. Too many are doing that. Fellowshipping in.. and with Christ is the best way to enter the perfect will of God no matter what goes on around you. You and I need this vital connection today.
 
Is it sometimes difficult for you to stop and pray? Sometimes my mind knows what I should be doing, but getting it and my shoe leather in gear so to speak is another story completely. "Lord, how do I say 'No to all the calls, tools, toys and distractions invading my day when it's time to be self-disciplined and pray?" It's like I need a kick in the ole blessed assurance to get going. Ever get feelin' kinda stressed during your daily routine?..... or perhaps when you read in the news about a looming "fiscal cliff", or a ginormous national debt, or about inflation domestically (as I did this morning), or even about wars starting in Israel? Jesus has peace to leave you, when this world seems to have no type of peace left to give.
 
"In the heat of it" as they say, yup, right there where you live your life... that's not really such a bad place to go vertical, to connect and to shine your light out for Jesus Christ. Personally, I don't know what kinda of challenges you or your family might be facing, so I certainly don't want to come off as flippant, indifferent or cavalier (I'm really not), but you know what I'm talking about. I do want to exhort you to draw apart, before you come apart.
 
You can pray fervently ..without ceasing.. as you practice the presence of God today. Jesus won't leave your side - never will believer. He hasn't made a bunch of promises to you, only to bail out and ditch you there hurting or holding the bill for what others have chosen. No, He ain't a popular politician making promises He can or can't keep, and doesn't keep.  
 
I think that God sometimes even allows the fiery trials into our lives just to display His mighty works even more ...before the eyes of those who are real empty, lonely, guilty, hopeless, afraid to die, and acutely pained outside of His righteousness. Think it not strange.
 
Sure, in any jewelry store, big or small diamonds will deal with the light on em much better when they get placed on black velvet. Talk about making the glory more presentable! Oh the beautinessss! That's why jewelers always use it in their shops. They are hoping to make a sale.  
I've been reading about a whole lot of people in our Land as of late, who are getting laid off again.. yeah, post-election. Its' so sad.
 
Please remember to pray without ceasing ..to the One who can meet all your needs no matter what. And pray for those around you who need work, need a home, need encouragement, and need a specific vision of how and where to serve. Economically, it doesn't yet look like it will get much better here ..for quite some time.
 
We can still enjoy fellowship with God. And we can also enjoy His abundant life. A man, woman or child's life doesn't consist of the things he or she posses. Real life, real joy, real fulfillment.. is in Him in spite of circumstances. Happiness depends on certain happenings, but not the joy of enriching friendship with the Lord.
 
I'm thinkin' about Christ and things above right now, not on the earth. I've got some family members up there with Him too. I'm thinking about how to pray when things get stressy. I want to slow down, quiet my inner human spirit, and thank the Lord. I want to pour out my heart about any burdens weighing me down. I want to praise Him and also ask big so that He might use me big. Yeah, Jesus even took time away to pray when things were getting very stressy for Him... in the garden. He wasn't fretting, He was getting very candid – totally honest with God the Father.  
 
Remember the words of Jesus (which actually encouraged me a lot today..) as He was basically preparing for that uber-dark-nightmarish situation ahead of Him – the cross.
 
He said, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but Yours be done."  see 22|42luke.bible
 
He boldly asked that His Father's will be done ...no matter what He felt or was experiencing. It must have been tougher than one can imagine. The lamb of God was about to take on all the sins of those who would ever live and have lived. I've never been facing death like that. Many in my land have been given to the elephant or to the donkey, but voting is behind us so I say we give ourselves over completely to this Lamb. Hes' the future Leader of this world and He can handle it when others can't.
 
It's always ok for us to pray that God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven—it's no sign of a lack of faith as some preachers falsely insist.
 
"Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.  Amen."
~ Frances R. Havergal
 
Pray without ceasing even when the trouble is quickly increasing.
 
"I seek You with all my heart; do not let me stray from Your commands." 119|10psalm
 
When you pray, God will indeed meet your needs. You've got to believe that. And when He meets your needs ..as no other person ccan.. then you'll want to shout for joy, to dance, to walk right, and to go explain it to others in order that they too can recieve His grace and see their prayers answered as well. Remember to pray when it gets stressy, and even when it doesn't. You'll be so glad you did.
 
God never expects us to strive, but He does expect both faithfulness and fruitfulness as we believers simply abide in Christ.. yes, as we reflect His light in this dark world that's gone astray. "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise." 11|30proverbs facebook.com/shareJesus