F4S: Choices, choices, choices, we all make em daily and also make em by postponing to make' em.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Choices, choices, choices, we all make em daily and also make em by postponing to make' em.

You and I must make choices. 


"Every choice you make has an end result." ~ Zig Ziglar

"His authority on earth allows us to dare to go to all the nations. His authority in heaven gives us our only hope of success. And His presence with us leaves us no other choice." ~ John Stott


And sometimes making a choice or work decision... it can be kinda stressful huh. Maybe that is why it's so easy to put off commitments, decisions, and choices. Why do we land more choices to make than we even ask for? I don't know why.  


Some are of course less important that other ones and therefore some are subsequently less stressful than others. Are you a person who is quick to make a decision, or do you tend to take more time than the average person in this area?


Are you an American male? I have quite a few male buds who really like to put choices off as long as they can, and sometimes I even join their ranks in this.    


But we all make thousands of choices each and every day as life rolls onwards. Some choices seem to be uber-insignificant or even mundane... and then later on we discover that they were more significant than we first perceived them to be. Then others seem to be hugely important, but then we find out they weren't that big of a deal at all. 

Some choices could alter the very course of our lives. We need to pray about em all. 



The second biggest, second most important choice that I made was when I opted to ask to get married to Liney Pelzer in Northern Colorado over 30 years ago. This choice changed my life a lot ...yeah, for the better cuz she is the greatest Christian I know. Never knew I was so spoiled and selfish 'til after I got married. Grateful to God for Her and He is still working on me too. I feel thankful to her as well.. for putting up with me. Glory to God.. wanna be more like the groom of the Church (Christ's bride).   


The most important choice that I made was to turn from.. to totally ditch the dead religion and dead church that I was raised in along with my dead works in trying to please God in my own strength. Yup, and to put my faith in the Jesus Christ of the Bible for salvation. He showed up. Yes that was it - trusting in Him and in His finished work on the cross at Calvary. 


Have you made that apex decision yet? None are more important than that choice. 


This is one decision that you really don't wanna to put off until it is too late. Q. Do you know when your last day here on earth will be? I sure don't. Please don't put this decision off another day. Enter through the Door - Christ is the only way in. I so want you with Him and with me and with all the saints forever. Q. Are there any prophecies that still need to be fulfilled before the Rapture of the Church takes place? A. No. 


Hey there's no party in hell - never will be so don't listen to people tell you there will be. Open the Bible and see that what I am saying is true.  


Christ is still my first love and He has proven to be so faithful over the years. I trusted Him in the Spring of 1977. I never regret it. Not even one moment. He gives life and abundant life - He alone can forgive sins and we've all blown it. He says... 

"'Come now, let's settle this,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.’” Isaiah 1:18, nlt

Hey gang, we all make our choices big and small; and then our choices make us. Some people grow up in the Lord, mature spiritually, and become big while others stay small in their thinking and in their living. I say go big in the Lord. 


Choosing to open your mouth about what you believe in is one choice that God can use to get your loved ones in right standing with the Lord, believer. This is one why to grow, as you obey the moment by moment promptings of the Holy Spirit. I encourage you to be filled with the Spirit and then go tell. It's so edifying and actually fun to witness and win people to Christ.. as He alone saves them.  

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 


Allow me to ask you one more question: Are you making wise spiritual choices today so that you will grow spiritually? 


Are you compromising spiritually or are you reading the Bible, applying the Bible, praying like you mean it.. cuz you do... and fellowshippin' about spiritual matters with on-fire mature believers ...and as an outgrowth of these basic disciplines.. are you witnessing without fear? I say talk to the Lord candidly about each of these areas, cuz He can give you more hunger for Him and for the things of God. He so understands you and all that you are going through..and He wants to use you for His glory..while your friends are still sucking air so to speak. facebook.com/shareJesus