Saturday, December 29, 2012
Christ said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
1. Recognize that you are a sinner (admit your need)
2. Repent of your sin (be willing to turn)
3. Realize that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
4. Receive Jesus as Lord into your life to empower and control you by the Holy Spirit (through prayer). Stay with Him in fellowship with a Bible teaching church.
5. Resolve to do it publicly. Everyone, who Jesus called, He called openly and publicly
6. Respond to Christ now! Why NOW? Because God says now, Today is the day of salvation, now is the acceptable time. The Devil will say “tomorrow,” but Jesus says now.
Biblical “Salvation” begins with:
1. Repentance – a change of mind, we have a new mind about God.
2. Conversion – a change of life, we have a new life from God.
3. Regeneration – a change of nature, we receive a new heart from God.
4. Justification – a change of state, we have a new standing before God.
5. Adoption – a change of family, we get a new relationship toward God.
6. Sanctification – a change of service, we have a new condition with God.
Friday, December 14, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
I'm not at all in an ideal spot to hunt–n–peck this out on a mobile device but who cares?
OK, God cares.
Why be "out on the take" as so many empty, lonely and fearful souls are doin' when instead you can, of Christ's fullness, go give His love away today?
Ever been around dry sponge kinda people, only talking about themselves non–stop? So graspy, distracted and uber–needy cuz their focus has been all wrong for quite awhile? Hey, it can happen to any of us..... especially this time of year.
Man, we need to pray at home and on the go, to have pity, to have some compassion and also get real with them in hopes of them stopping to refocus on the Lord and His will for their lives.
We don't need to use too many words with em (they might already be hurtin'..), but we do need to use some. True words. Isn't that what you would want? Sure.
You know this. God cares no matter the condition we're in, and so can we care.. in His Son.
We love Him.. and others because He first loved us.
"Our capacity to love others is grounded in God’s love. Any ability of ours to consistently show selfless love for others is primarily a reflection of His love. Any love that comes from us is simply sharing with others what has been lavished on us by Him." ~ Ed Rea
If I'm taking time away from it all to get with God to listen and simply receive from His Word, then I will indeed have.. to give away in His Name. This time of year is about being a blessing to others right? facebook.com/shareJesus
Thursday, December 6, 2012
P.S. Have you never backslidden before because you've never front-slidden? Have you ever repented (I mean hung a 160 degree turn away from all sin to God..), or trusted Christ by faith in a personal way? God wants you to Believe in His Son, Jesus Christ. So talk it through with Him today asking for free forgiveness and to be born again spiritually (according to John 3 in the Bible). This is rad-important for you. Nothing is more important.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
"When the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son." Galatians 4:4"Unto us a Child is born; unto us a Son is given." Isaiah 9:6"God sent forth His Son, born of a woman... to redeem those who were under the law." Galatians 4:4-5
When God stepped out of heaven above and came down to this earth, He clothed Himself in human flesh—a Child of lowly birth. ~ D. De Haan"Thou Bethlehem, though you be little among the thousands of Judah…" Micah 5:2"Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" Luke 2:11
Mild He lays His glory by, born that man no more may die. Born to raise the sons of earth, born to give them second birth. ~ Wesley"I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness." John 12:46
Come to the Light, 'tis shining for thee, sweetly the Light has dawned upon me; once I was blind, but now I can see—the Light of the world is Jesus. ~ Bliss
Grant us, Father, hearts of worship at this time of Jesus' birth; we would see anew His glory shine throughout this sin-cursed earth. ~ D. De Haan
"Glory to God in the highest!" Luke 2:14
1. I am grateful that all around the globe they are singing our songs out there…kinda mixed in with their reindeer and frosty songs. How cool is it to be in all these public places where you can hear lyrics about Jesus our Savior..and some of these songs have beautiful Scriptures in them. There is no other time of the year where this is allowed in happen in my part of this planet. I'm enjoying it a lot and am joining in as I walk through the crowds.2. I'm glad for a Christmas minus all the drama. But that doesn't mean I've never experienced or seen all the drama. There used to be a lot of drinking alcohol in my world and family. I feel grateful my parents were reunited minus all the drinking after spending one Christmas at the "Haven House" (a place for escaping and battered families) in a really poor part of town, and I also feel grateful the Haven House was there. I personally quit drinking in '77 and my dad hasn't had a drink in 43 years. He always says, "Glory to God" when I bring this up and he means it. I even remember one Christmas where I was visiting another family where some drinking was going on and there was a full explosion of drama if you will. How cool is that? Man, it's so awkward to be among a strange family when all hell breaks loose so to speak. One time I was asked my a believing mother to do a funeral for her husband who had passed away, but when her lost relatives arrived at the funeral they caused a whole lot of drama mainly towards my wife who wasn't saying anything at the time (cuz I was a stranger just trying to behave).
3. I thank God for the presence of Christ in my life—that's an awesome and indescribable Gift. He is the Gift of all gifts. Such forgiveness, companionship, purpose, and peace; that's so SO great to enjoy in His Spirit! And what an adventure we have!
4. I am happy that even though many things haven't gone my way in life (as perhaps in yours as well..), all things will work together for good in my life cuz I love the Lord and have been called according to his purpose (See Rom. 8:28).5. I thank the Lord for loved ones and friends around me, who really care, and for Christ's Church (that might sound real religious to you, but I mean the born again believers who are real).. they keep edifying me even when I least expect this and don't ask them to.6. I am glad that even though some people around me go through tribulation, I don't have to go through the soon coming Great Tribulation because there will actually be a Rapture of the Church (a snatching away in one sixth of a nanosecond… though I of course won't pick a date for that). The important thing for you and me is to be ready.
7. I thank God for all the excellent godly teachers we still have among us (and I don't mean all the money grubbing Word-faith false teachers who masquerade as Christians through our media), but those who are real.. that can reach and equip us through so many cyber-avenues now. Remember when it was just through the radio or in person? Praise God we can hear em through our laptops. Love hearing them via TV through my Android tab and smart phone as well. Man, even though the Taliban is again on the rise (though we are seeing a collapse of our American culture due to many depraved American minds [literally minds that are not able to reason on behalf of their own best interests], and though our top leaders don't want us to see all this), we believers still have great reason to rejoice. It's all speeding up exponentially now, and even if you don't like these terms, we are in the last days.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012
In a day where mere shoppin' has replaced all of our major holidays, let's opt to love one another instead of one another's perishable stuff.
There's already been an all out 'gang fight' at a simple Black Friday sale.One man was punched in the face, actually pulled out a gun on a "line-cutting" shopper trying to score a deal.A woman was just busted after throwing merchandise at people...There's been total mayhem at a Omaha Nebraska mall..the very same place where 9 people were murdered in 2007...and a shoplifter now tries to mace the security guards...There's been an I-N-S-A-N-E BATTLE over cell phones.People are feelin' desperate for love and are willing to pay to loo good if they can. And Victoria's Secret seems to be a real draw at the Oak Park Mall in Overland Park today.Men steal a boy's shopping bag outside of Bed, Bath and Beyond.One man left his girlfriend's two year old child in the car, just so he could go into the K-Mart at the Liberty Street Plaza to buy that must have 51 inch television. He was charged with reckless endangerment to a child.One woman calls the cops on a Salvation Army worker ringing his bells for a cause.Hey, I really want you safe. Personally, I'm gunna stay clear of this mess. You might do that as well. Who really wants to get pushed, punched or shoved during this Black Friday chaos?
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Live not for fleeting pleasures, fallible people, or corroding stuff—we are convinced of better things concerning you.
Do you have an uber-sorry, lame past.. or still have some heavy baggage that you've been haulin' around? If so it's time to deal with that.. by the Word of God. Yeah, no worries. Your heavenly Father has given Scriptures that clearly address all the needs of people, and He can still use you when you off-load all your burdens and junk to Him. In fact He delights to use His disciples as they fully trust in His Word. Too good to be true? Well, it is true. Yes indeed, because there is a grace that is greater than ALL your sin! And greater than all my sin as well. Praise the Lord for that.
Never forget how the disciples believed and then effectively proclaimed the Word.. about Christ being alive. We should do the same today. "And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all."
Please teach, preach and explain the proper application of the Word—please help people clearly understand what the Word is really about. It's about pure love. People so are hungry. Let's feed em what's good. Yes, even believers regularly, for it is well-fed sheep that naturally ..or should I say supernaturally.. reproduce for God. Malnourished, poorly fed sheep don't reproduce, they just fall by the wayside unproductive and we never want that to happen. All matter to God and He has a purpose for each one.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
We believers usually see in other people ..what we expect to see. And we tend to love others as much as we want to.
A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.
"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."
"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.
Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.
Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.
"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them.""Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town." By Anon.