F4S: Totally free, zero manipulation, as service..

Monday, December 26, 2011

Totally free, zero manipulation, as service..

..clearly speakin' their language, enterin' their culture to relate..short of sin, providing an opportunity for any to be born again, rejoicing in Jesus. 

I'm looking at the word of Herr Paulus, "..present the Gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the Gospel. For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the Gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you." 1 Cor. 9:10c-23


The person who would effectively "friend" goldfish for a good purpose, would.. if he could.. grow gills and become a fish. Yes, he or she would thoroughly investigate every possible way to climb into their bowl. Yup, all decked out in that orangish color with fins on to better get around, but not to deceive em. Swiiish, bubbles, propulsion..of course they'd show respect, do their best to be themselves and yet simultaneously understand how a goldfish brain ticks. You know they'd even make familiar fish sounds as well. But really, none of us are called to reach fish. 

God had an only Son who was Himself, yet He became one of us where we are, as a missionary with a rescuing-heart and mentality.
"Let us in everything not sinful ..become like the Chinese, that by all means we may save some".."Brother, if you would enter that Province, you must go forward on your knees." ~ J. Hudson Taylor, (who endured criticism from missionaries who sought to preserve British ways as he dressed in native Shanghai garb. Taylor was convinced that the Gospel would only take root in Chinese soil if missionaries were willing to affirm the culture of the people).  

"Charlie Studd has written me a delightful letter.. He thinks the Chinese language was invented by the devil to prevent the Chinese from ever hearing the Gospel properly." ~ Ion Keith-Falconer