F4S: The Lord ain’t really lookin’ for better methods or systems per se...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Lord ain’t really lookin’ for better methods or systems per se...

..but people who make themselves available to Him saying something like.. "Yes Jesus. Yes to whatever You want. I wanna be on-fire for You, and to have a good attitude that honors You in all things. I want to seek You first and then just get it done - what You want and have called me to do. Wanna work with You, not against You. Be Lord - rule without rival in me. Lead me step by step cuz I'm ready to follow close. Make me full of biblical faith and totally godly as a Christian. I give up all to You for Your sake – for the sake of Your Kingdom's expansion. Please do make me useable, pure and use me. Thank you for not giving up on me when I have missed. You are so faithful and kind. Please help me to obey all the way, to go where You want me to go, yup, to live it the way You did, to spread the Gospel the way You did. I want to tell people exactly what is good and edifying for them at that moment, in the way that you want me to say it. Help me know when they are open and if they are not, then show me if there is something I can do or say that might soften their hard or cold hearts. Nothing more, nothing less. Speak through me what is in keeping with your Bible and strong loving Spirit. In Jesus Name!"

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." ~ Paul, Phil. 4:6-7

How does He lead you to pray for peeps? You can list some ideas that might help others below if you like. Do you quit too easy? Where is the place that you like to get alone with God and how do you avoid all the distrractions? Do you love fellowship with Christ ..in Christ.. more than merely serving Christ? We all should. The Lord is more concerned with our character than our methods and systems, and with our heart's inner motivation including our attitude, than just the outward actions that we exhibit.

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." ~ Isaiah (40:31)

"Jesus taught that perseverance is the essential element of prayer. Men must be in earnest when they kneel at God's footstool. Too often we get faint-hearted and quit praying at the point when we ought to begin. We let go at the very point where we should hold on strongest. Our prayers are weak because they are not impassioned by an unfailing and resistless will." ~ E. M. Bounds