F4S: "He knows the way that I take..

Saturday, October 22, 2011

"He knows the way that I take..


..and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10

"Extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trial of extraordinary graces." ~ Matthew Henry

"Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins." Psalm 25:18

"Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." ~ C.S. Lewis 


I don't feel that trials, testings, opposition, afflictions, temptations, pain, and persecution (..which to be honest I haven't really experienced yet cuz I wouldn't really call it that when a joint-toking Rastafarian dude with long dreads throwin' unripe green mangos at me as hard as he could ..for simply telling him that Jesus loved him.. as I we were peacefully walkin' together on a May Pen sidewalk in Jamaica) are for me at all. Never will. Hah. Sure have had a gobs of this though. Don't really think I've had more than others.  


Personally if I was God, man, I would have never allowed this kinda stuff into people's lives or situations, but hey, I'm not God. He's much wiser.

Then again it's this kinda stuff I can't stand that God has indeed allowed in, that He effectively used to get my attention (started prayin' like I meant it and did..), and now that it's past ..for now.. I am glad that He did allow it. If you are personally going through some suffering or any of this kinda junk, believer, then please know that it's cuz He loves you so HUGELY, and he hurts along with you in it, but He longs to draw you in so near until you are close enough to His heart and countenance, so that you'll see how much He really does care. Sure, and you'll sense some of the depth of His agape love for ya more, cuz it'll be reflected in His gaze towards you. Hang in there with Him, it'll all be worth it after the trials have passed. 


Witnessing of Jesus, rejoicing, or praising Him are not always what we feel like doing sometimes, but these are choices we can make and it's God's grace that can make this easy. He is so worthy!