F4S: Closer and closer

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Closer and closer

Yearnin', no churnin' or spurnin'. Closer and closer and even closer still.. ain't there yet. Want this. 

P. You can have all of me, God, cuz it's what I have to give. More of You today, I pray. What could beat that? Nothin'. Revive and refill us... each one, again. Thank you for the living Word and Your Spirit, Father. Amen.

Reading now.. lookin' for a prayerless revival in the Volume and am not quite comin' up with one. Motivates me. One doesn't seem to appear. Can't find any reformations or national awakenings - no great turning - that've happened minus God's people hittin' it in earnest prayer. 

"History is silent about revivals that did not begin with prayer." ~ Edwin Orr

Please pour one out on us again, Lord. "I said to the Lord: 'You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord" (Ps. 140:6).