And God genuine believers sure aren't perfect (I know I'm not..God is still saving me from "stupid" at times), but it is very good to hang with em. Check it out. Naomi held her mouth after seeing Ruth's loyalty, love and determination. Ruth's sis could kiss like a lot of worldly people can do, but she really wasn't that loyal.
Here's some take away lessons from Ruth…
1. It was the goodness of God that brought Naomi back into the direct will of God—back to that geographical location where the Lord wanted her.
2. It was the grace of God that brought Naomi back to her Lord Himself ..period.
3. It was the deep love of God that gave Naomi a new caring family.
4. It was the mercy and blessing of God that brought Ruth to her husband Boaz, and he was some 20 years older than her.
5. It was the thoughtfulness of the Lord that gave Boaz a whole new family himself. Must have been difficult at times waiting on God. Undoubtedly he'd been to every synagogue in town and couldn't find his bride for a long time.
6. It was the graciousness of God that gave Boaz integrity, a good witness in the community, and a lasting legacy that we still read about and gain from today.
Here are three truths from this book for you…
I. God is able to tie together a whole series of devastating defeats and still give you His good plan. He wants you to know that ..even if your parents didn't plan you.. you were not an accident at all, and He still has an important purpose for your life.
II. Even if your journey has been way-brutal or painful and very hard, God can lead you to a surprising and wonderful outcome, as you yield to the leading of His Spirit.
III. Great blessing is often preceded by an uber-difficult stretch of highway.