F4S: Going through the book of Boaz now. Ever heard of that?

Monday, August 29, 2011

Going through the book of Boaz now. Ever heard of that?

Well, it's really called the book of Ruth, but hey, you know it's all about Boaz isn't it. So that's what I'm going to call it just for fun. He was one trustworthy dude that had godly character. Hard to find guys like him today, but it shouldn't be that hard. This book challanges us to stand up, grow up, and be real men in a whacked self-seeking society. You know how in the Old Testament Boaz was a type of Christ.
 
When ya read through this book.. MAN.. a whole lot of BAD happened in there, when a Jewish family went on the wander and wasn't trusting the Lord. Yes, this happens in our day too, when believers choose to ignore the clear word of God. And if that is you, then be encouraged. Please go check out Romans 8:28-29, because it still applies to those with faith. This family in the Bible was a Romans 8:28 kinda family.  
 
I love to review these verses the most, "And she (Naomi) said, 'Look, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods; return after your sister-in-law.' But Ruth said: 'Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.' When she saw that she was determined to go with her, she stopped speaking to her" (Ruth 1:15-18).  
 
Is God leading you? It's never been the "in thing to do".. I mean to hang tight with God's people and go with them where He is leading them. Are you with God's people? A lot of people say they are His people, but they don't practice what the Bible says.  

 

And God genuine believers sure aren't perfect (I know I'm not..God is still saving me from "stupid" at times), but it is very good to hang with em. Check it out. Naomi held her mouth after seeing Ruth's loyalty, love and determination. Ruth's sis could kiss like a lot of worldly people can do, but she really wasn't that loyal.

 

Here's some take away lessons from Ruth… 

1. It was the goodness of God that brought Naomi back into the direct will of God—back to that geographical location where the Lord wanted her.

2. It was the grace of God that brought Naomi back to her Lord Himself ..period.

3. It was the deep love of God that gave Naomi a new caring family.

4. It was the mercy and blessing of God that brought Ruth to her husband Boaz, and he was some 20 years older than her.

5. It was the thoughtfulness of the Lord that gave Boaz a whole new family himself. Must have been difficult at times waiting on God. Undoubtedly he'd been to every synagogue in town and couldn't find his bride for a long time.

6. It was the graciousness of God that gave Boaz integrity, a good witness in the community, and a lasting legacy that we still read about and gain from today.

Here are three truths from this book for you… 

I. God is able to tie together a whole series of devastating defeats and still give you His good plan. He wants you to know that ..even if your parents didn't plan you.. you were not an accident at all, and He still has an important purpose for your life.  

II. Even if your journey has been way-brutal or painful and very hard, God can lead you to a surprising and wonderful outcome, as you yield to the leading of His Spirit.

III. Great blessing is often preceded by an uber-difficult stretch of highway.

Christ saved me when I turned from my sin and trusted Him to forgive me, He showed up and is still saving me from me - from stupid, and He will save me from the presence of sin in the future. And He has others in mind too, for me to win to Him.
 
Need more understanding about some of the junk you have been through? Have you had a rough time and need a Friend that will listen, be there for you and stick closer than a brother? This might sound kinda religious, but God understands and loves you. Please don't put it off, but come to Him today. Bad things can happen to real believers.. and they do happen ..but inspite of what goes wrong, God can bring a lot of good out of a lot of bad. Trust Christ, for He is your ultimate Boaz redeemer who cares.