F4S: Don't Try To Do His Part

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don't Try To Do His Part

I personally try to be careful about using the terms "soul saving” or “soul winning." 

How come? Aren't those Christian terms? They could be in the right context. How do you use em?

These terms sound kind of old, but the meaning is still so good. I mainly don’t want people to get the wrong idea.. so I'll continue to be cautious. Yes, I don't want to hurt the Cause of Christ or get in trouble attempting to do what I am not called to be doing. Remember when Abe tried to help God out by having a son through Hagar? Real bad results! God doesn't need our help with what He alone can do.

Sure, God alone saves souls. He opts to convict and win souls through believers obediently sharing the Gospel. We are His plan A for getting the Message out. We give people the bad news and the Good News. It's hard to appreciate the Good without first hearing about the bad (you know, how we've all sinned and where unrepentant sinners end up). Hey, without the Spirit of Christ working, you and I can do nothing ..for life comes from Him not us.

Our duty is to seek and follow Christ whole heartedly. It’s to wisely fish for people God’s way as we allow Christ to teach and lead us in this.

We share Christ’s love and His Gospel with people leaving the results up to God. So SO glad that I’m not expected to do the impossible. How about you?

Jesus said, "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5, nkjv). Do you need God to step in and save your soul? It can happen today.