F4S: Real Fishers Live a Life of Praise to Christ!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Real Fishers Live a Life of Praise to Christ!

"I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me." ~Psalm 13:6, nkjv

Ever ask.. what did King David, the world-changer, know about gaining the victory over adversity?

Good question! Well, he certainly knew that it had a lot to do with making a conscious choice to praise the Lord wholeheartedly ..regardless of what people thought of him.

Of course he wasn't out to make a crazy scene in misrepresenting or in strangely scaring others away from God, nor was he trying to draw attention to himself like he was all that and a bag of chips. But David indeed understood the importance of worshiping the Lord in Spirit and in truth.. ahead of all other righteous activities that he could do. It was an everyday thing with Him—an ongoing lifestyle of close relationship and rejoicing.

"I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me" (niv).

"I've thrown myself headlong into your arms—I'm celebrating your rescue. I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers" (vv. 5-6. amp).

Yes, "it is good to sing praises to our God"—at all times (Ps. 147:1).

Praise, my soul, the King of heaven, to His feet your tribute bring;
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven, evermore His praises sing. ~Lyte

I personally enjoy getting honest with the Lord in prayer. I love to see what He will do!

I also love to sing to the Lord (bad voice and all) as well as to read over and over again how David would pray, make music, and sing praises.

Yes, David made the choice regardless of what he felt like, to 1.) Hear from God after getting real with Him vertically, 2.) To express his deep love by praising the Lord, and even 3.) To dance publicly in worship unto God.

Those in the world want to dance in the flesh with each other.. sometimes very sensually. In the world this just kinda fits in with the whole drinking culture (that often includes other chemicals and extra negative stuff too) and this arouses them in a lustful sort of way. Be different from them.

Yes, that type of partying ain't for believers! We have a totally different kind of elixir of joy and fellowship and inner celebration ..that are totally pure and safe. Our type of partying is actually edifying and it makes us want to live right, witness of Christ's love right, and always be right in our hearts! In fact it gives me joy unspeakable when I praise Him.

You can have this too! It's just hard to properly describe, but "…the joy of the Lord is your strength" (Neh. 8:10).

Could a world-changer today have too much joy? No! Should a fisher of people never express humor and stop laughing? No! Should you and I cease to sing to Christ from the heart? NO! NO! We of all people, have the greatest reason to sing and celebrate! The Son has set us FREE! No more bondage. With other gods, sure they'll have it - not us who walk in the Word! But we won't be all smug about it. 

If you or I didn't experience the J-O-Y of Jesus that springs from a life of worship in Him, who in the world would even want what we have to offer them—the Gospel free of charge?  

Question: Do you ever get real honest about the things that you are going through or are you wearing a mask and pretending? I challenge you to stop play-acting and to pray for your friends and foes sincerely.

Ever feel real low, Christian, or like you are fighting feelings of depression? I encourage you to give thanks every single day! We all have more than we deserve now.. and we can find stuff to be grateful for if we look!

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and My God." ~Psalm 42:5

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." ~Psalm 42:11

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." ~Psalm 43:5

David got feeling blue at times but he would encourage himself in the Lord. He verbalized, "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? ..Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.. But I will trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me" (Ps. 13:2-6, niv).

If you find yourself wearing a spirit of heaviness, try on a garment of praise!!!

Ever hid out inside of a dark cave because someone you really loved was out hunting you down like a dog?

You remember how David was hounded for a long time by his jealous spear-chuckin' boss, Saul. Well David didn't give up on his faith, even though he had to get out of dodge quickly.

He was on the run if you will, living as a full-on fugitive for years in a nation where he was the national hero as well as the anointed ruler. It sure didn't seem fair, but God hadn't fallen off His throne. How did David deal with all that junk? He kept on exercising his will to trust in his first love—His lovely loyal Lord! He hung in there by faith, praising God in the good times and in the bad times—worshiping the Lord even when he just didn't feel like it.

"I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." ~Psalm 9:2, nkjv

"I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High." ~Psalm 7:17

"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms." ~James 5:13

Is praise of Jesus Christ the switch that turns on the light of effective witnessing for you.. the abundant life, and the joy of life.. even when it's become way "dark" outside? If it is, then sinners will see the glory and the favor of God on your life! Ms Kelly said, "PRAISE THE SAVIOR, YE THAT KNOW HIM! WHO CAN TELL HOW MUCH WE OWE HIM? GLADLY LET US RENDER TO HIM ALL WE ARE AND HAVE!" Perhaps you still want this quality of life?