F4S: Cool Pet's Just Ain't Enough

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cool Pet's Just Ain't Enough

once had an orange stripped cat, 
and a dark shepherd dog.. 
man, he could leap off a log n pounce on a frog! 
 
friends, they'd both be there to visit me on my path in the fog.
tiger and blitz, 
no liger on the fritz!  
 
also had jack, a hairy monkey my back that..
i just wanted to smack..
but every time I tried..
he'd never seem to pack! 
always hated bein' so far off of the track.


no real pet that someone could forget.
must be more? 

waited for You to show.. no, no, no 
so where did You go?
felt like a loner all out in the snow. 
really needed You to show... 
n then never go.
 
and then You were there, 
how fair...
yup, in spite of my long hair.

why? just to let me know how You care.
and there's zero to compare!
so how can I now share?
"You open Your hand 
and satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
the Lord is righteous in all His ways, 
gracious in all His works.
 
the Lord is near 
to all who call upon Him, 
to all who call upon Him in truth.
 
He will fulfill the desire.. 
of those who fear Him; 
He also will hear their cry.. 
and save them." ~Psalm 145:16-19
 
though you're un-see-able 
..it's good that You're there!

so powerful
You're unshakeable
never breakable..or rakeable.
fully uuuunquakeable!

o yeah, yeah... yah, yeah..
so glad You are here.

no monkey business since you arrived.
no time to connive, to jive, or keep takin' a dive!

you're my unshakeable..
no pet.. 
but what a Relief!
unremoveable.. unreproveable! 
Jesus, You're so unmistakable!