F4S: Fruit From The Shadows

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fruit From The Shadows


"But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly. Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need;  since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such men in esteem; because for the work of Christ he came close to death, not regarding his life, to supply what was lacking in your service toward me." ~ Philippians 2:24-30

Some Christians serve, influence, and lead others to Jesus from the shadows.. but I don't mean while they are in the darkness. They are pointing people to the Way out of darkness.

Some have received leadership, administrative, or maybe evangelistic gifting. And all others are also called to witness for Christ with the talents and abilities that God has ordained for them. It's His work and He does what He will for the good of His body, the Church.

With every blessing and gifting also comes personal responsibility.

Do you remember that dear man, Epaphroditus?

Well, he never became a person of the limelight, though he loved the Light! We can't see that he really became a "point man" or famous like some of the other Bible figures became famous.

He was simply a straightforward servant and..