What do you really think about Tsunamis, hurricanes, city-wide floods and earthquakes? (BTW: I encourage you to continue praying for those in Haiti).
What do you think when you consider the devastating natural disasters that are killing more and more people these days with seemingly increased frequency?
Perhaps you are troubled about the growing population issues, global warming and a polluted planet? How green do you want to live? Does the massive debt with more radical spending here get you down or is it merely family tensions at home that challenge you?
Whatcha think about all the radical instability (on more than one level) and the so called birth pangs in the world today? Do ya blow it all off feeling like, Hey, I don't have time and I'll leave that stuff for the paid experts to address and decipher?
I've noticed that many people have stopped reading the newspapers feeling all depressed. They tell me that it's such a downer and boring. And yet others watch such radically biased news channels on TV that largely put out twisted propaganda that taints minds. What sources and text should we trust?
My question today is: Does this present day turmoil bug you much? Does the threat of jihad-terrorism with planes and diaper-bombers scare you any? Do the hostilities that happen within our own western boarders and the predominant let's just show em we are nice people policy—the appeasement-mentality of our preoccupied leaders ..does it ever get you to drop to your knees for prayer? Do these real End Time events, as many (including me..) call them, make you curious enough to start studying the Bible at all?
One thing is for sure, Jesus doesn't want you to worry or to be afraid. Instead, He wants you secure in His love and obedient in His direct will. In spite of it all, there is still hope, joy and laughter for you in Him!
"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows." ~Jesus, Mark 13:8
"And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven." ~Jesus, Luke 21:11
"…do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." ~Jesus, Matthew 6:34
You might not personally believe in "last days events" but you and me are indeed living in our last days. We've got to make the most of em!
Will you be ready for what's coming next?
Back in the day, a couple thousand years ago, the disciples posed a good question to Jesus Christ about the end-times. Why? Man, they were so desirous that Jesus explain some about the signs of His future return and they knew that He had answers.
Yeah, they basically wanted to be tipped-off in advance as to when it would all play out. Do you ever wonder when His return will happen?
Think about it a moment. If these Bible guys back then were curious about such things in the first century, shouldn't we also be a bit curious in this 21st century? I think we should be.
How come Bible prophecies have thus far been fulfilled with one hundred percent accuracy while other so called holy books from the other world religions don't even come close in this department?
Now sure, we've all seen tattered street folk in big cities wearing sandwich board signs or holding strange looking religious placards about the "last days." I've even seen em commandeer whole bus stop areas downtown. And sometimes it gives you the willies as they come off so angry or condemning in how they preach at the business people there. I wish religious folk and the real Church of Jesus haven't done it wrong or messed up as much as we have. I apologize to you for this.
Personally, I don't think I have always done such a great job on the street or in the venues that I've spoken in before as well, so I'll leave all that alone for now. But your personal Bible study times alone with Jesus should spawn some good questions that motivate you to the core of your being ..and into further exploration regarding prophecy—what God has to say about how life will be in the last days! His opinions matter, ours are perhaps worth about about a nickel or so.
Yes questions like:
- What are a few important and valid signs of the last days and real judgment?
- Why are we obviously headed towards a cashless society?
- Will there really be a one world government?
- Will the Anti-Christ be a real person—do you think that he is alive today?
- What about the significance of Israel suddenly becoming a nation again in 1948?
- Why can I not find the most powerful nation on earth—the United States of America—in the prophetic passages at all?
- Will we even be a nation by the time when Christ's comes in the clouds—where will be even be?
- What is the difference between the "catching away" (the Rapture) and Christ's Second Advent?
- What's up with the real non-Hollywood version of the battle of Armageddon—doesn't that happen before the Second Coming takes place?
Perhaps you didn't know..
- That there are more than 300 passages in the Bible that are dealing with Christ's return.
- That statistically, one out of every 25 verses in the Bible mentions Christ's return.
- That Jesus spoke of His return at least 21 different times when He walked on this planet.
- Why is there so much hostility and bloody violence in the streets of Jerusalem?
- Why do the hateful Muslim leaders in Iran say their goal is to blow Israel off the map?
- What exactly does their Koran tell them about us "infidels" and does it really command them to drive all Jews into the sea (It is filled with error! Islam is the fastest growing enforced religion in the world. "There you go, Kurt, quit being a 'my-way-or-the-highway' Jesus freak fanatic." I write cuz I do love Muslims - See vid)?
- What really is Israel's significance in end-times events?
- What exactly will happen during the seven years of Tribulation; that period of intense hell on earth?
- What will it be like during the millennium when heaven and earth literally become one?
Please keep your eyes and ears open. Please let what is currently going on in Haiti and around the world get you into God's Word, into God's plan and into an on-going lifestyle of repentance, faith and prayer for those hurting around you. I dare you to get ready spiritually and look for the answers to these questions and more ..for yourself and for your family! People are depending on you.