F4S: Is Your Heart Lifted Up Like You're All That And A Bag Of Chips?

Monday, April 6, 2009

Is Your Heart Lifted Up Like You're All That And A Bag Of Chips?

When was the last time that you read Daniel 5? There we see a different kind of heart problem—one that is too often seen in our day. This chapter reminds us that pride is a selfish spiritual condition in which the heart is in the wrong place. Oh yes.

 

Is it an affectionate heart? No! A healthy heart? Not at all! A merry heart that is submitted to the Lord? Far from it!

 

Mister Nebuchadnezzar and Mister Belshazzar were two lame kings in Babylon. Do you remember them? They were told that they had misplaced their own hearts in arrogance and in pride (vv.20, 22).

 

As a result, The Lord judged both ruling dudes just to teach them and help them. Nebuchadnezzar was put very low until he recognized that the Most High God was the One who ruled over all others (v.21), and Belshazzar was slain cold as a doornail and man, that's pretty dead (v.30).

 

The Bible says of Nebuchadnezzar, "When his heart was lifted up, and his spirit was hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne." ~Daniel 5:20

 

Have you ever been put low, or exalted by the Lord?

 

With all due respect, lost sinner; you who illegitimately think that you are saved.. please check yourself to see if you are really in the faith (and then confess your sins, forsake all the junk and receive forgiveness from Jesus).

 

Saved sinner, you and I need to examine ourselves regularly to see if our own hearts are in the right place with Jesus. Are you or someone else ruling your life ..or is Jesus Christ on the throne? Do you love to pray and fully depend on Christ every day, or do you lean on the arm of the flesh?

 

Lord, uncaring pride and hardness of heart.. I don't need those enemies! I stare, but I don't share or love. My flesh gets in my way! These things so quickly take control of me when I let them, but I plead for Your Dove, Your Love.. for Your grace to help me keep pace.. yup, anointing from above so I can turn by prayer fully to You. Cleanse my wayward heart and make me dare to care, not just act like a dumb bear!