F4S: I Wonder What My Father Felt When His Son Returned Home

Friday, September 19, 2008

I Wonder What My Father Felt When His Son Returned Home

Have you returned home to be with your Father? My oldest son, Stephan John, is on a plane right now with his mandolin in hand and is flying here to see us and to play music for us (he will be landing in a couple hours). It will be a good day for hugging, music, feasting and laughing in our home – the Lord makes all things beautiful in His time.

Stephan has been serving in Iraq (
with the Air Force), and in Germany, Korea and North Dakota …of all places. We have not seen him in over five years – the time when he started with the Air Force. Many tears have been shed as you can imagine. He has recently recommitted his life to the Lord and is very excited to see us again. He unfortunately won't be seeing his brother Nathan this time, because Nathan is still serving in Iraq. But Nathaniel (as his wife Holly affectionately calls him) will also be home in the States in a few months.

It's good that Stephan is still around to visit us – we're grateful, because some dads no longer have their oldest sons around. Have you lost a son in war ..or in some other way? Our hearts really go out to you. My former pastor sadly doesn't have an oldest son who will be returning to see him (Check out the video and please do remember Greg and Cathie in your prayers).

My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” (Psalm 27:1-8, nlt)




Click here for a higher quality video..

Would You Like To Return To Your Father (God)?